2. Play Squash
3. Taking family to shopping
4. Talking to folks back home on skype
5. Browsing internet or thinking, planning what will I do
   n future :-)
6. Little bit of cooking

What about you fellows?

Cheers

Corniche, Half Moon, checking out new places to eat, catch up on movies...

Friends and family just fill up the gaps between the events. :D

This weekend, we rent a car and went to Ushaiger, approx. 230 km. northwest of Riyadh, following Route Nr. 40 and 505 (to Shagra'a). I red about the place in the Saudi-Inflight magazine (sounds stupid, but I take every advice I can get ;) and the pictures were quite nice). It is some kind of ancient village and they already started to restore it. It is nice to visit, but for a three hour (including the one hour to get of Riyadh ;) )drive one might to reconsider it. So maybe it can be combined with some other activities.

pretty much nothing, stay at home, bored, net chatting etc etc..  i did like to make new friends and go out more often like bowling, camping etc....

AndiB wrote:

This weekend, we rent a car and went to Ushaiger, approx. 230 km. northwest of Riyadh, following Route Nr. 40 and 505 (to Shagra'a). I red about the place in the Saudi-Inflight magazine (sounds stupid, but I take every advice I can get ;) and the pictures were quite nice). It is some kind of ancient village and they already started to restore it. It is nice to visit, but for a three hour (including the one hour to get of Riyadh ;) )drive one might to reconsider it. So maybe it can be combined with some other activities.

Funny - I've been to the same place on Thursday :-) There's also another interesting place on the way to Shaqra - next to Al Raghbah town - a mud / clay tower which is the only remain of the whole mud village. It's possible to climb the stairs to the top.

yazi.malik wrote:

pretty much nothing, stay at home, bored, net chatting etc etc..  i did like to make new friends and go out more often like bowling, camping etc....

exactly me.
we have so much in common :heart: lol...

Party Wed night - danced the night away
Thursday - some friends around for a few hours, ended up for most of the day and evening :D
Friday - desert trip to Edge of the World, a great trip, stunning views, great BBQ etc. :top:
So, brilliant weekend and most of it due to this blog site as it is where we have met most of our friends. :thanks:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Thursday - some friends around for a few hours, ended up for most of the day and evening :D
Friday - desert trip to Edge of the World, a great trip, stunning views, great BBQ etc. :top:
So, brilliant weekend and most of it due to this blog site as it is where we have met most of our friends. :thanks:

:top:

Weds night dinner with friends,
Thurs - lunch and dinner with friends...

this weekend, Weds: party party party :D
Thurs: a much-anticipated drive out into the desert hopefully with some quad bikes thrown in :)

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

That was last week, this week:
Wed out with friends Embassy do. (clashes with another two parties - bad planning guys)
Thurs - much needed night in
Fri - will depend on the weather but am quite happy to keep things spontaneous as there is always something to do if you want to make it happen! We may just take a drive around the City and chill

I must choose wisely.  I work 6 days/week so only get Friday off.
This Fri - Golf
Next Fri - hash
Next Fri - camping

Used to think 1 day was ok but now that I have been here a while there are things to do so wish I had more time off.

this weekend,
Wednesday: hitting the gym, pool, and sauna
Thursday: beach party planned but if it is raining, then well lets see..
Friday: dont think I ll be in any condition to do anything if all goes according to plan

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Friday - desert trip to Edge of the World, a great trip, stunning views, great BBQ etc.

That sounds good. I already tried to find out where exactly I would have to go by car. I have so far only a general idea. Can you give me some information on that? A few colleagues and I are planning to go maybe in a few weeks.

Looking forward to this weekend, I think I will go to pub night tomorrow. Thursday and Friday we will see. Last weekend was quite busy and the weather is announced not to improve so I think I will just get some rest. And of course I should follow my new fitness plan.

As a big shisha-Fan. I invented a reward system. A shisha is only allowed when I had done a work out before ;) So far it works pretty good beside from yesterday when my reward was canceled due to weather-conditions. *g*

seems that this weekend will also be gone wasted on internet, cooking, roaming in malls etc :(
Looking for a coffee morning in a compound, games (bowling, cricket or table tennis) etc, off course not alone...i dont wanna lose off days completely, just want to save some of it so that i should not regret living a useless life for money :(

got together with some expats and bedouin arabs, spent some time in the bedouin tents, then went on 4X4 trip about 30 mins into the desert to a place called asfar lake. got back to camp and had some kapsa :)
a must see for expats

Weds - PARTY
Thurs - PARTY
FRi - RECOVER

Born2Network wrote:

Weds - PARTY
Thurs - PARTY
FRi - RECOVER

Where's the party @?

Embassy :)

NJEXPAT wrote:
Born2Network wrote:

Weds - PARTY
Thurs - PARTY
FRi - RECOVER

Where's the party @?

Really? :D How do I get an invite to these parties? Would it be possible to PM the details? I've been here for about 4 months now and I go to Dubai every 3-4 weeks to do my partyyying...I'm def interested in hearing more about the Embassy parties. Thx Born

Born2Network wrote:

Embassy :)

NJEXPAT wrote:
Born2Network wrote:

Weds - PARTY
Thurs - PARTY
FRi - RECOVER

Where's the party @?

are non-americans allowed ? if yes then how to get the invite ?
partying in our embassy is far from imagination :(

I think so, i see alot of guests all the time..... Ive only been here a month and have had no reason for guesting yet... LOL