Close

To buy or to rent a cart

It seems that carts are the vehicles of choice for transportation (at least Ambergris Caye where I will be moving to). I heard that it is very expensive to rent. Are there any of you have bought a cart? They way I look at it is it would be better to buy in the long run. For example, I have read it costs $500 per month to rent, $6,000 for the year which most likely would be the price of a cart. Those who did buy a cart, how much did it cost?

sloputtputt :

It seems that carts are the vehicles of choice for transportation (at least Ambergris Caye where I will be moving to). I heard that it is very expensive to rent. Are there any of you have bought a cart? They way I look at it is it would be better to buy in the long run. For example, I have read it costs $500 per month to rent, $6,000 for the year which most likely would be the price of a cart. Those who did buy a cart, how much did it cost?

It has been a few years since I visited AC, so I don't know if it's changed to the point this would not work. But in Placencia I find walking or riding my inexpensive bicycle with a front mounted basket and a good padlock is just fine and far less hassle than dealing with a cart 90% of the time.  The other 10% when it's farther than I want to bike or well after dark, I can call a cab for a very reasonable price.

the problem with buying a cart is they are made of steel and rust quickly near the ocean.

katzgar :

the problem with buying a cart is they are made of steel and rust quickly near the ocean.

I never thought of that...I guess I have to make it rustproof.  :D

The only way to rust proof it is by an aluminum golf cart and they are doubly expensive all you need to ssn pedro is a bicycle it's a small town

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Belize

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Belize

Moving to Belize

Find tips from professionals about moving to Belize

Travel insurance in Belize

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Belize

Flights to Belize

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Belize