Close

Can I find a true love on a dating website?

Gravitas :

Perhaps it's more a millennials' thing - perhaps one gets too cynical with age !!

If you let your guard down, you will most likely find the one you do not want.  :)

it is a tough thing to manage, but I think most people (on both sides of the fence) do keep their guard up to minimize being hurt.  There are plenty of people I know that met online, got married and have a family.  It is possible, but like someone said, it takes a lot of work and patience to weed out the ones that are not looking for a serious relationship.

I am probably guilty of keeping my guard up to much and at some point, it can become an issue if you meet someone who is looking for a life partner.  If you push to hard, you may lose the one who really loves you, but if you let it down to soft, you could be in for a rude awakening.  I am lucky that my wife understood when I was difficult (i.e., putting the guard up more than I should have) and thank God and Buddha she turned out to be the most amazing person I have met in my life. 

Simply put, when you know and can honestly say that the person next to you makes you a better person, you struck Gold.

I think you could find true love anywhere even in a dumpster lol . The thing about the online dating is the fact that it is easy so that's why people now prefer it . Hiding behind a computer or pushing the add botton is easier than making the first move in a real world, plus with online dating, the fear of rejection is less
I guess if you use the Internet to find love, i would consider you as a weak person or a person with low self esteem but if , by concidence manage to find true love online, then why not ?😆

I can give you my experience. I went on African dating site out of curiosity. A lot of younger women hit me up. Most were scammers. I did establish a relationship with a very beautiful French woman living in Abidjan. I have never done anything like this before.  It just kind of happened. Have never met her yet. We chat on Skype daily. Will be coming to Abidjan later this year to meet her.  Can finding someone on a site happen, most definitely!!

Yessss! I went online to find true love because I was inspired by a few people who already did. Growing up I thought I'm not such an attractive person because in my town the deffinition of beautiful is thin and small and I'm the biggest woman there. So, if a loser in my town shows me affection I tend to go for that person. And it sucks coz I know I deserve better. Going online is one of the best things I did because I found out that I'm a hottie to a LOT of people around the globe. My market just expanded ten thousand fold. Yeah there are some who just wants to waste time and many who do not like me but I don't need many. I just need one who'll stick with me. After 6 years of waiting for love online, a wonderful amazing man has found me. So yes it is possible. Life is good.

Wonderful story.

OK Tarun113 - " no one comes to dating websites to find love" - so is the truth out? Dating websites are to find sex and not love......

@Gravitas, So here is the misconception..  Dating Doesn't mean having sex.. Dating is just a casual interaction with someone which may or may not lead to Sexual intercourse at the end. Out of 10,  4 dates may ends up in bed , 2 may ends up in good friendship , 1 ends up in true love and 3 may be unsuccessful..  (Here Unsuccessful doesn't mean you failed.. its just mean other person may not be having the same interest as you.. So better you move to another.. You had you interaction, had conversation but you found out that there may not be a proper bonding with him in future.. That is an unsuccessful dating )

I think the case-in-point is proved - just because of the numbers used in the analysis.  :-)

abm4718 :

I can give you my experience. I went on African dating site out of curiosity. A lot of younger women hit me up. Most were scammers. I did establish a relationship with a very beautiful French woman living in Abidjan. I have never done anything like this before.  It just kind of happened. Have never met her yet. We chat on Skype daily. Will be coming to Abidjan later this year to meet her.  Can finding someone on a site happen, most definitely!!

Hi there
Well done to you, and i hope it go's well for you
Peter

BruxAn3 :

Yessss! I went online to find true love because I was inspired by a few people who already did. Growing up I thought I'm not such an attractive person because in my town the deffinition of beautiful is thin and small and I'm the biggest woman there. So, if a loser in my town shows me affection I tend to go for that person. And it sucks coz I know I deserve better. Going online is one of the best things I did because I found out that I'm a hottie to a LOT of people around the globe. My market just expanded ten thousand fold. Yeah there are some who just wants to waste time and many who do not like me but I don't need many. I just need one who'll stick with me. After 6 years of waiting for love online, a wonderful amazing man has found me. So yes it is possible. Life is good.

how wonderfull good luck
Pete

Pleased by your experience and the end result....
Good luck

Tarun113 :

@Gravitas, So here is the misconception..  Dating Doesn't mean having sex.. )

This is based on what?  Your opinion?  Please clarify.  :)

Gravitas :

OK Tarun113 - " no one comes to dating websites to find love" - so is the truth out? Dating websites are to find sex and not love......

I've never used dating sites so I thought I'd take a look at a few in order to get a clue.
I based my extensive research on two things:
the type of adverts placed by female members
my first thoughts about those adverts as a red blooded male

Some of the ads appear to be genuine women looking for life partners but a heck of a lot more are very  much aimed at sexual attraction rather than serious relationships. Most of those  having pictures of ladies showing more breast than face.

Then came my thoughts, the vast majority being, "Nice breasts" but with a shorter spelling beginning and ending with Ts.

The ads were surprisingly similar in style, that suggesting they are reasonably likely to be commercial in nature, possibly prostitution or marriage for visa jobs.

Ads of that nature could well be aimed at horny, probably desperate, men who can't find a woman.

The final point being relationships are all built on chemical attraction, that not being possible over the internet.

Perhaps not impossible to find true love but very easy to get sex and/or a visa.

Fred: The final point being relationships are all built on chemical attraction, that not being possible over the internet.

So true. So could there be a link between dating sites and the rising dissatisfaction with relationships?

Is the use of FEMBOTS on some dating sites acceptable?

@Vndreamers , The data is based on my observations around the people ..

@Fred : Impressive... Totally agreed..   :)

Tarun113 :

Thanks for clarifying your opinion. :)   

you might want to check out studies on how much men and women think about sex daily.  if you think it is not on their mind, I have a bridge in Paris available for purchase.  :)

Gravitas :

So true. So could there be a link between dating sites and the rising dissatisfaction with relationships?

I believe much of that is down to loads of sex before marriage, especially when women do it.
When a man releases sperm into a woman a hormonal reaction occurs in the hypothalamus of the female brain giving her a feeling of great pleasure. The State University of New York did a study that shows women who have more sex are generally happier and far less likely to suffer depression, but only if that's unprotected sex. Use of condoms negates the benefit, that proving the sperm is the source of the good feelings rather than the sex itself.
That alone isn't enough as the lady concerned might be lucky enough to have a three times a night man such as myself.

I believe women subconsciously brings a recollection of their first lover back in the final moments of male excitement, thus she's never quite satisfied with anyone else.
Various studies have demonstrated the female's first lover leaves a lot more than just a dirty pair of underpants when he leaves, more a DNA imprint on the woman. Aristotle suggested this a very long time ago but his ideas were discredited with the advent of genetics as a science; however studies carried out by UNSW Australia scientists are heading towards backing this up.

Tarun113 :

@Gravitas, So here is the misconception..  Dating Doesn't mean having sex.. Dating is just a casual interaction with someone which may or may not lead to Sexual intercourse at the end. Out of 10,  4 dates may ends up in bed , 2 may ends up in good friendship , 1 ends up in true love and 3 may be unsuccessful..  (Here Unsuccessful doesn't mean you failed.. its just mean other person may not be having the same interest as you.. So better you move to another.. You had you interaction, had conversation but you found out that there may not be a proper bonding with him in future.. That is an unsuccessful dating )

In my situation, I met some scammers, some asked me about sex, and others be a good friend. We are still keeping in touch (only online).
But the fact that, I feel very hard to find the true love on a dating website.

vndreamer :
Tarun113 :

Thanks for clarifying your opinion. :)   

you might want to check out studies on how much men and women think about sex daily.  if you think it is not on their mind, I have a bridge in Paris available for purchase.  :)

Ofcourse i Agree,..  but how many are are out there gets, what they think about all day,,,   Thinking about having sex all day doesnt mean you get to have sex at day end..  You might meet someone thinking about sex but at the end there is no surety you going to get that,...

Iamsnail :

In my situation, I met some scammers, some asked me about sex, and others be a good friend. We are still keeping in touch (only online).
But the fact that, I feel very hard to find the true love on a dating website.

Happy to know you got some good friends...  and chances of falling in love online with any one of them are 1 out of 10 .. and that too, if both are inclined to same phase...  That's too typical.. You get to know someone,  have some emotional attachment with him ,  then only you both would be on your way to love..  :)

I think stalkers on dating websites looking for Skype sex are pretty common these days.

Gravitas :

I think stalkers on dating websites looking for Skype sex are pretty common these days.

No need to mention the name of  skype...   stalkers and scammers just need to have sex... No matters where.. 😂 Either on imo, hangouts, skype.. etc. Better to stay away from scammers..

I guess that is why the ratio of men to women on dating sites is between 60:40 to 70:30 - even accounting for the sex workers. I guess those who find love are extremely fortunate, diligent and patient.

Gravitas :

I guess that is why the ratio of men to women on dating sites is between 60:40 to 70:30 - even accounting for the sex workers. I guess those who find love are extremely fortunate, diligent and patient.

Exactly... If you are not that sure about your fortune.. one can simply walk to the girl and ask gently to have a date.. There you wont be like a scammer nor someone like jerks...   Girls actually likes it when a guy walks to them and ask ... instead of sending a request online and not able to talk personally.. :)

I take everything super light.... Just list out what you want for a true love and find a place to meet the potential ones.

For me, Sex is not a bad thing, but what happen after sex is another story. I had both online and offline relationships, some met outside at a very formal places, and they clearly targeted onto me as a casual fun time (just that they hid their real motives outside)... however, some online ones (surprising me.... they look for connection that they believe in wholesome, may be I am lucky or bad luck, well I met both).

You can have a great first date with flowers and candle light or you can have a first date sex, but it does not mean anything, after sex, what is left inside both of you that makes you want to have a connection again. 

I agree with Gravitas, Online love needs patient, hard work alot. However, an offline love also needs patient and hard work as well. 

Also, stay true to what your heart is.... If you met scammers, you will see them very clear. They are quite blunt and honest to what they want, but do not let your heart fall into it, just let it be. But if you meet a one who truly connect to you, then just let them a chance to show it even they are just online one.

I have one pair of couples (one of them is my friend) who get married from Online dating. Surprisingly, it took them 4 years to stay closer. First time, love, then break up (never meet each other),  then they dated different partners, and then after 3 years, reunion, and re-fall in love again, and now they are about to get married.

What I learnt from all relationships are time. What they showed you at the first time is not important than what you can grow together with them times by times. Let the time play slowly and you can see who you want to connect. The one for you will stay.

If you figured out they played your heart, then accept and show your emotion out.... It may help... It is not a bad experience, it is priceless experiences because it can help you see the lies quickly.

My first online experience when I was 17 years old, through an online game, it was accidentally  he was my first love... we never met... and broke up quite fast... After 3 years, he visited me, after 6 years, he had girlfriend, after 8 years, he married, and now, he has son.... and we have been still keeping in touch for 10 years. I felt thankfully that I met him online. Distance helped me to understand more about connection.  Unfortunately, it was my only online ones (but it was the best) for 9 years... Until I met a same man who just happens to be online in a language app last year and when I least expected on love and was not willing to love, this man taught me to connect in deep levels (something I missed out from many offline relationships) However, it took time for both of us worked out actually (to gain trust, to test, to discover their true motives...)... But he made me decide... Ok, I want to try to date again to see what will happen next.

Actually, I think the best advice is not to find love in any form or means. Love will come when I least expect it.  For any type of relationship whether online or just casual normal offline love, it will frustrate you if you always want to hunt for love. Go out and live your best life, be happy, be honest, be emotional, be whatever you want, and you will attract the right man to you... It took many years for me to understand it when I was desperate to work for many offline bs failed relationships.

kimluuthien :

Actually, I think the best advice is not to find love in any form or means. Love will come when I least expect it.  For any type of relationship whether online or just casual normal offline love, it will frustrate you if you always want to hunt for love. Go out and live your best life, be happy, be honest, be emotional, be whatever you want, and you will attract the right man to you...

Brilliant advice - kimluuthien -------- a happy and relaxed person is soooo much more attractive.......

kimluuthien :

I take everything super light.... Just list out what you want for a true love and find a place to meet the potential ones.

For me, Sex is not a bad thing, but what happen after sex is another story. I had both online and offline relationships, some met outside at a very formal places, and they clearly targeted onto me as a casual fun time (just that they hid their real motives outside)... however, some online ones (surprising me.... they look for connection that they believe in wholesome, may be I am lucky or bad luck, well I met both).

You can have a great first date with flowers and candle light or you can have a first date sex, but it does not mean anything, after sex, what is left inside both of you that makes you want to have a connection again. 

I agree with Gravitas, Online love needs patient, hard work alot. However, an offline love also needs patient and hard work as well. 

Also, stay true to what your heart is.... If you met scammers, you will see them very clear. They are quite blunt and honest to what they want, but do not let your heart fall into it, just let it be. But if you meet a one who truly connect to you, then just let them a chance to show it even they are just online one.

I have one pair of couples (one of them is my friend) who get married from Online dating. Surprisingly, it took them 4 years to stay closer. First time, love, then break up (never meet each other),  then they dated different partners, and then after 3 years, reunion, and re-fall in love again, and now they are about to get married.

What I learnt from all relationships are time. What they showed you at the first time is not important than what you can grow together with them times by times. Let the time play slowly and you can see who you want to connect. The one for you will stay.

If you figured out they played your heart, then accept and show your emotion out.... It may help... It is not a bad experience, it is priceless experiences because it can help you see the lies quickly.

My first online experience when I was 17 years old, through an online game, it was accidentally  he was my first love... we never met... and broke up quite fast... After 3 years, he visited me, after 6 years, he had girlfriend, after 8 years, he married, and now, he has son.... and we have been still keeping in touch for 10 years. I felt thankfully that I met him online. Distance helped me to understand more about connection.  Unfortunately, it was my only online ones (but it was the best) for 9 years... Until I met a same man who just happens to be online in a language app last year and when I least expected on love and was not willing to love, this man taught me to connect in deep levels (something I missed out from many offline relationships) However, it took time for both of us worked out actually (to gain trust, to test, to discover their true motives...)... But he made me decide... Ok, I want to try to date again to see what will happen next.

Actually, I think the best advice is not to find love in any form or means. Love will come when I least expect it.  For any type of relationship whether online or just casual normal offline love, it will frustrate you if you always want to hunt for love. Go out and live your best life, be happy, be honest, be emotional, be whatever you want, and you will attract the right man to you... It took many years for me to understand it when I was desperate to work for many offline bs failed relationships.

Nice... :) This is what everyone should follow..   Wonderfully presented ...  👌👌

Expatriate health insurance

Free advice and quotation service to choose your expat health insurance

Save on your moving costs

Get free quotes from international moving companies. Compare prices and services.