Visa based on Brazilian child

Hi, I am British national from England. I have been living in Rio de Janeiro for about 2 years, and hence overstayed my 3 month tourist visa.

My Brazilian girlfriend has recently given birth to our child, and I wish to apply for permanant residency. Apart from my passport and our childs birth certificate, what other documents do I require, and where do I apply?

Also, will the fact I have overstayed my tourist visa cause any issue for this process?

Many thanks for any advice.

New topic