Working as an expat chef

My chef friend is looking to move to Saigon around January. What is the average salary for an expat chef? What are some good websites to find expat chef positions? Or is it better to show up and hand out resumes?

I know that there must be many opportunities beyond what I would suggest, particularly in D1, but one place he might look is on the websites of the major hotel chains, such as Sheraton or Hyatt.  Both of these have 5 star hotels in HCMC and have international recruitment online.

I'm in the same boat as you! I want to visit Hanoi, Danang, and Ho Chi Mihn/Saigon and would love to live in each city for like 4/5 months each so I can get work there as a chef as well as explore the country. If it's not too much trouble I would love you to give me some advice if your friend finds a good way to get a job there and the average salary! If that's no trouble then please could you email me on xxxx

Thank you :) x

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Veuillez ne pas publier vos coordonnées sur le forum svp. Echangez les via la messagerie privée. Merci
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Here are two website which  you can find more opportunities  in Vietnam.

www.Vietnamworks.comwww.CareerBuilder.com

Wish you Good luck.

Hey Sarah,

I am looking to move  to Vietnam in a few months, also as a chef.
Did things go well for your friend?
I spent a year in Cambodia and struggled to find a decent job/salary combo and would hate to end up in that same position in VN.

Thanks!
Deon

Anyone known what's an average paying for chef in vietnam