Guidance for a smooth move pls?

I'm a 23 year old male who's currently living in the US, I've lived here all of 21 years but I was born in Portugal where I am still a citizen (EU citizen as well of course) and I'm seriously considering the move to England (preferably London or any surrounding area), I'm hoping to do it smoothly.

Reason I want to live in or near London is because I'm a recording artist and I'd like to be near "the scene" lol

I don't have any college education but I am a High School graduate with 5+ years experience as an administrative assistant in a Law Firm.

I'd like to continue my education there. As far as jobs, I'm not picky, I'll take whatever pays the bills and as far as living conditions, I currently live in a very urban city, not trashy at all but not exactly the safest but I'm comfortable with it, a small studio with a bed and a bathroom with a shower will cut it.

Now that you somewhat know about me and my likes/dislikes, what guidance can you give me as to how to move there successfully, would it be hard for someone in my position to make it there? How much money (dollars) would I need to bring with me to keep me on my feet while I find a job? etc.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Welcome on Expat.com JP1987 :)

Meanwhile you can also browse through the various section of the England Guide page, it contains many articles with lots of useful information & links concerning: Accommodation, Work, Banking.

Regards

Finding a job can be VERY difficult in the current climate. There are many many EU immigrants and native Britons vying for even the unskilled work which you may think is easy to come by.
My experience was that the best way to find work was through a recruitment agency, but that they wont give you any time or put you forth for any positions until after you have relocated.

London is an expensive place to live, and of course, the nicer areas and the areas closer to Central London (and much of West London) are the most expensive. 

This website may help you for initial costs: workgateways.com/working-cost-of-living.html#initial

Thank you for your links and responses! I appreciate it.