Close

Move to the Philippines by end of 2017

How much would the cost (in general be) for one to move from the East Coast USA to the Philippines? I will go by the end of 2017. I am 54 with a military pension. I was stationed at Clark - so would live around Angeles for a while, until perhaps I decide a better locale to permanently settle at. I know the Angeles area well - lived there in the 1980s. I know Clark. I am OK going back. It would be permanent for me. I am single.

i think sir you need to marry a filipina so you can stay here in the Philippines permanently...  :)

Please check with the immigration office first, I've heard of a scheme where foreigners need not be married to Filipina women to be able to retire in the country but you have to qualify to their requirements (i.e. amount of monthly pension, 5m pesos investment like house,etc).

I don't believe you need to marry Julie above…
In Manilla, right at the visa office, if you ask outside, you will be introduce to a lawyer runner (office boy) that will offer you a short walk to one of the numerous law offices nearby. They have numerous solutions than marriage.

i said "I THINK"! if am wrong then am sorry!
i den't say that you need to believe me mr. alegreee tigre ...am just saying... :D
correct me if am wrong.... it's ok to me....

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Philippines

Flights to the Philippines

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Philippines