Best Climate?

Hello everyone.  I am hoping some of you may be able to help me with some information about expat life in Chile. 

My current home is in Colombia where I live just outside a small town which in turn is about  an hour and a half from Bogota which is the capital city of some 8 million people.  Where I live is a tranquil and safe, semi-rural area and it is set at an elevation of 1800 meteres high in the Andes.  The climate is good.  Not too hot and not too cold.  The problem is that the air is quite thin and I am having some health problems because of the elevation.  I would move to the coast except it is way too hot in the coastal regions of Colombia.

Chile's coast is so long, I am thinking there must be a nice place that is a moderate climate, reasonably safe, laid back, not too expensive, not too touristy, not too crowded and yet also not too far from a modern city with good medical care, hospital etc.

Of course I am planning to visit and check things out before making any big moves but I would like to hear any helpful hints from someone who has their feet on the ground.

Where is a good place to start?

Hello,
I will try to give you some information about the area where i live and i came to about 10 years ago.
I live near Viña del Mar in Chili, 300 meters from the breach in a lovely place with all comodities. We have mediteranean climate with sunny days all the year, rarely bad. Winter 12 - 18 °C but can grow up to 24, posibility of a week with 8 minimal. Summer 20 - 27 because i am near the ocean, if you go 20 kilometers from the sea it grow up more than 30-34.
I have a lovely house with 4 independent apartments too and i dicided to go from Chile for family reasons.
If you want more information you can send me a private mesage.
Have a nice day !

Hello and thank you for answering my post.  I have sent you a PM.

Colibrijoyeux wrote:

Hello,
I will try to give you some information about the area where i live and i came to about 10 years ago.
I live near Viña del Mar in Chili, 300 meters from the breach in a lovely place with all comodities. We have mediteranean climate with sunny days all the year, rarely bad. Winter 12 - 18 °C but can grow up to 24, posibility of a week with 8 minimal. Summer 20 - 27 because i am near the ocean, if you go 20 kilometers from the sea it grow up more than 30-34.
I have a lovely house with 4 independent apartments too and i dicided to go from Chile for family reasons.
If you want more information you can send me a private mesage.
Have a nice day !

Hi. I am currently unable to send private messages but I would like to know about the costs of living in this area? Also, how good is the internet here?

Thanks!