Close

Dogs transportation to Singapore and qurantine

Hi,
I have a dog and i'm planning to move to Singapore from Italy. I've red that when arrived at the airport, the dog must stay in quarantine from up to 40 days before I can bring it at home.
Is this true? If yes, how the quarantine works? is a safe place? When my dog is in quarantine can I spend time with it? i'm really scared of this because I feared it may die.
Pls let me know
Thx

Importing pets into Singapore id quite complicated and costly. You should engage a professional pet forwarding company to handle it for you! Here is some information about the procedure:
http://www.ava.gov.sg/explore-by-sectio … -dogs-cats
Your dog will need to undergo 30 days of quarantine. The quarantine facilities are very good and you can go there during visiting hours (two hours a day on weekdays). It is highly unlikely that the quarantine causes harm or death.
However, many dogs don't adjust well to tropical heat and humidity, coupled with the lack of good walking areas in the crowded city state (always on a leash is the rule). If it was my dog, I would leave it at home!

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore