Close

Your best business development ideas in Tanzania

Hi everyone,

As a foreign entrepreneur, launching a business in Tanzania is a fantastic project and an exciting challenge. Some ideas are likely to succeed. Some others are promising but may not work as well as intended.

In your opinion, what kind of business or industry is likely to succeed in Tanzania? What kind of industry or service currently unavailable or underdeveloped in the country would meet local needs?

On the other hand, what are the most common business types foreign entrepreneurs would be eager to launch in the country but with very little chance of success?

Thank you for your insights.
Priscilla

Good Morning.
Hello Doing business in Tanzania is not that much easier nowadays.

The new government has changed so many rules on import and export. We have also a very big change on permit class A - B as well. Once published on TNZ newspaper  that Indian expat transfer all the salaries to India and nothing being benefit to Tn z Government.

As per my 12 years experience i have personally engaged on Minerals business and others since 5 years now but still in vain. Facilitation fees ( bribe) and local genuin contact for me is mandatory as first engagement for any business you start in Tanzania as well to any other African countries.

I Have seen some Mauritian firm/European  having lot of difficulties doing business in Tanzania where they don,t consider facilitation fees as mandatory to business.

What kind of business work ?

1. Second hand clothes
2. second hand electronic appliances .
3. Medical is very expensive in Tanzania. So opening cheap and good medical clinics is the best.
4. Housing the most demanding and expensive for any expatriates.

note: Please note that We  don't have hire purchase facilities in Tanzania so peoples buy in cash.

I have so many ideas to share doing business in Tanzania.

Regards
Rishi

T anzania is a country where everyone would like to invest but now the competition is very high. So why should not we think differently and do something unique out of this bloody race.
We can do a lot by managing and utilizing waste. Like recycling of waste paper or recycling of used bottles..
There is a lot of scop in manufacturing rather than trading. Initially there may be some challenges but later it would be proved a good business for next couple of decades. I have 14 years of experience in production planning and development ( Specially in sports item ) . Any investor interested cantact me directly.

Waryam Singh

Hey man what about installation of security systems like alarms curb electric fences and curb.access control etc.Can it do well? Am planning coming to Dar this months end to do that kind of business.Am planning coming to Dar this months end to do that kind of business.
Let me know and advise
John

I can help contact me : ***

Moderated by Priscilla yesterday
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Expatriate health insurance in Tanzania

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Tanzania

Moving to Tanzania

Find tips from professionals about moving to Tanzania

Travel insurance in Tanzania

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Tanzania

Flights to Tanzania

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Tanzania