Your best business development ideas in Tanzania

Hi everyone,

As a foreign entrepreneur, launching a business in Tanzania is a fantastic project and an exciting challenge. Some ideas are likely to succeed. Some others are promising but may not work as well as intended.

In your opinion, what kind of business or industry is likely to succeed in Tanzania? What kind of industry or service currently unavailable or underdeveloped in the country would meet local needs?

On the other hand, what are the most common business types foreign entrepreneurs would be eager to launch in the country but with very little chance of success?

Thank you for your insights.
Priscilla

Good Morning.
Hello Doing business in Tanzania is not that much easier nowadays.

The new government has changed so many rules on import and export. We have also a very big change on permit class A - B as well. Once published on TNZ newspaper  that Indian expat transfer all the salaries to India and nothing being benefit to Tn z Government.

As per my 12 years experience i have personally engaged on Minerals business and others since 5 years now but still in vain. Facilitation fees ( bribe) and local genuin contact for me is mandatory as first engagement for any business you start in Tanzania as well to any other African countries.

I Have seen some Mauritian firm/European  having lot of difficulties doing business in Tanzania where they don,t consider facilitation fees as mandatory to business.

What kind of business work ?

1. Second hand clothes
2. second hand electronic appliances .
3. Medical is very expensive in Tanzania. So opening cheap and good medical clinics is the best.
4. Housing the most demanding and expensive for any expatriates.

note: Please note that We  don't have hire purchase facilities in Tanzania so peoples buy in cash.

I have so many ideas to share doing business in Tanzania.

Regards
Rishi

Hey man what about installation of security systems like alarms curb electric fences and curb.access control etc.Can it do well? Am planning coming to Dar this months end to do that kind of business.Am planning coming to Dar this months end to do that kind of business.
Let me know and advise
John

I can help contact me : ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

since i was born, i have observed that there is low rate for growth of our cities and the mostly developed one is dar es salaam but for the service that you want to establish has got fewer expats in this city, so your welcome.