Your best business development ideas in Saudi Arabia

Hi everyone,

As a foreign entrepreneur, launching a business in Saudi Arabia is a fantastic project and an exciting challenge. Some ideas are likely to succeed. Some others are promising but may not work as well as intended.

In your opinion, what kind of business or industry is likely to succeed in Saudi Arabia? What kind of industry or service currently unavailable or underdeveloped in the country would meet local needs?

On the other hand, what are the most common business types foreign entrepreneurs would be eager to launch in the country but with very little chance of success?

Thank you for your insights.
Priscilla

are you open to start any business or do you have something in mind?

FMCG , the best one.

Hi Priscilla,

How are you? Actually I just started a new business with my wife in the new North Obhur area, where most of Jeddah residents seem to be moving.

We've opened our family-owned furniture store, called "Bizarre Homes" and so far things are looking good.

Investing in the furniture industry is something that has been overlooked in this country. It's really an untapped industry here with only a few major players  (high-end and medium). The best part is with lots of residents moving up North, the potential to make a name for yourself and be able to serve those closer to you is much greater. The big players (at least for now) believe those customers who have left the downtown area will surely come to them, but you have no idea how many customers have mentioned they were planning to go down to a big name furniture store, but figured they would pass by us first since we are closer. Of those who tell us that, about 80% are buyers AND return customers or send us referrals.

It may not be for everyone, and it sure is a lot of work and coordination, and sometimes a logistics nightmare; but if it's something you can be passionate about (I drive the delivery truck, do assembly with my laborers & and work on the sales force as often as I can and always on weekends) , & don't mind getting less than 6 hours of sleep a night, this may be something you want to pursue!

Good luck to all potential business men and women and/or entrepreneurs out there!

We wish you the best!

my question to Prescila and other so called admins, pure to my curiosity ( as I asked earlier) what you guys do with all the feedback (very important data from all users) how do you compile and how do you use this data. sure you are using it and must be using to analyze and sure marketing this compiled data to companies.....etc. etc.

what algorithm you are using, I mean, which machine language and what other data sciences tools u guys use?..........

1) Male/ Female English Language Institute or Home tuition.
2) Female Swimming / martial arts / Yoga Instructor for ladies.
3) Now a days here's in KSA, the most successful business would be like to selling the chicken 3rd leg. They already have two legs available, now need to utilize your skill, create a 3rd leg and sell your legs.

car wash with hand washing

All the abandoned  cars should  be scrapped

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : Free advertisement is not allowed on the website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
APOLOGOD wrote:

my question to Prescila and other so called admins, pure to my curiosity ( as I asked earlier) what you guys do with all the feedback (very important data from all users) how do you compile and how do you use this data. sure you are using it and must be using to analyze and sure marketing this compiled data to companies.....etc. etc.

what algorithm you are using, I mean, which machine language and what other data sciences tools u guys use?..........

it's just to keep the forums moving and someone might benefit from it. I asked this too a while back, but I said looks like a thesis paper question ...

Hey
you can start here Operation and maintenance company for Electro-Mechanical, Bio Medical & Building management system in 3 major cities like Riyadh, Dammam &  Jeddah
you have good scope in dis fild...

Starting a business for a foreigner in KSA - there are so many complications. Most expats are here on work visa - meaning we are under sponsorship of some employer which forbids us to start our own business.

That being said, a lot of expats do business with a partnership with a national. The license and business secured will be under the name of the national while you operate the business . This type of business operations are recently now in limelight - known as cover up businesses. However about 75% of businesses in KSA that are run / managed by expats in KSA are these types.

For an entrepreneur on the other hand, doing a business in KSA is not that easy. The economic aspects as well as the regulations are strict and non-conducive of foreign investment. They are changing - but very slowly.  From SAGIA website you can know more in detail of foreign investment options - which usually requires lot of capital + tax (other than Zakat ) + restrictions or limitation to the industry type as well.

Thanks for giving me my opinion Chance ,As my Owen experience i seen Saudi Arabia is still attractive market for (A )   Food Industry and Housing industry  (B)  Professional Construction/ Maintenance work force / General services .

Restaurant Business very success in the Saudiarabia 
My suggestion

Hi,
Now days the ecnomic condiions of the country is not a ideal time to start a business.
Business depend on the how much capital  do you have.

Hi,

This is an innocent question put up by wise sources.
Give me one good reason that why should I share this business idea with you???!!!
I have very useful business plans road maps to succeed in KSA. They are millions of dollars making businesses. But again why should i share them with you free of cost???

Best regards

Abdul Waheed

Dear Priscilla,
Be in  logistic profession since 3 decades, I have been i touch with almost every industries.
at the earlier development era, the local  businessmen are grab the opportunities in almost many sectors of business. Now they are stable. for any new commerce, have to be with patient to
grab the market perfectly.
I realize in current situations investment in Service industries which required less capital and more professionals are the best and second any food industries. There are many Industries in small scale level in GCC, which required to organized perfectly. their production capacities to supply their products into all GCC countries but due lack of marketing facilities it could not be able to reach in to all GCC market. Any Products which made in GCC has cost saving, there is no custom duties on such products.
anyone can accept the challenge to make proper survey of the GCC Products items specially in Food categories and can do marketing .... There are lot of opportunities in only GCC products items by itmes, top priority is All Food Product......

Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

You might think this is crazy but the best bet is doing business with Ethiopia. Import foods, export Saudi manufactured products. Ethiopia population is over 80 million and is a stone throw from Jeddah.

Hotel Business that's it....lozzzz

Regard
Zain

Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

You are totally right

Hi I M mohammed Thouseef

I am working hear in coffee shop from past 4 years and I attend more saudiS customers . so from past 2 years what I understand between the Saudis customers they want to speak English in fluently but they are not able to speak because they don't no have the perfect guidence  if start the smalls coaching centres for teaching English studies for male/female it will work good ..
But we should open the institute in the malls it's very important because every saudS is roaming always in malls....
MY opinion is different to start but if starts it will work good...   
THANKS and regards
Mohammed Thouseef A

I  find ethically problematic to ask such a question without giving the background of the question. Is it for a thesis, a survey for a research?
A paid report for a rich Saudi investor?
Trying to set up a new company for yourself and need some new ideas?
I don't know if some of the members don't care whatever the intuition behind the post, I do.

E-Commerce Business Or Online shopping , Home Delivery. Saudi Arabia need this.

I think,Its need a professional government supporting business which provides a very excellent service to expats and locals to meet their needs in proper time.

I like the business development .but this time I have no money no work to much problem this time

I like the business development but I have no money no work this time I am free . you arrange the payment of business development

My idea is to keep currency real and appreciable like Gold & Silver.
Let me ask you a question: If I could save you money in Gold and make Seriou$ money at the same time, would you be open to hearing about it? If the answer is Yes, I would be happy to share with you more free exciting how-to details. Here I am sharing free info link:
karatbars.com/landing/?s=aujosefcares
I am looking forward our readers reply. Josef Kay

love the ideas in this thread...where's my popcorn....

I think vehicle tiers industry is so profitable business,becoz raw materials are cheeper than other vountry

Hi Pricilla,
Since , we are Engineers. we put up construction business. The main target are all the coffee shop and other franchise internationally. so far , we made good business for the last 15 years. Now a days is a little bit harder than before , since the economy is down . That's all i can say or help about this topic.
Regards,
Danny

Hi...I think  about 'garment industry'
Manufacturing unit, production unit and marketing in under one place.
I have a systematic project on that but..
Here in Saudi arebia...its difficult to meet sponsers or a investers.
Jubail is a best place .

Theme Amusement park something like wonderworld or joy lands parks for entertainment and for a family especially kids and youngsters.

There are so many field still lacking here mostly in hitech and utilities field .It depends  how much you like to invest .

Hi everyone,

Actually I think that restaurant business in the right area of the city will be the best.

There is another business which is collection and processing of pet waste items to make it PP chips.and sell in GCC which has a huge market for this item,

This item is used to manufacture Low grade synthetic fiber like Polyester Staple Fiber or Viscose fiber

Tks

"foreign entrepreneurs" are illegal in KSA
expats are viewed as laborers. They are imported to the country with a work contract. if their services is no more required, they are shipped back. You cannot stay in the Kingdom as a "foreign entrepreneur". You would be breaking the law and would be liable for fines then deportation
Kindly check the country laws

Dear

Its good to sought out opinion. Here are few suggestions

a. Tourism.
Totally unoccupied space and can be managed at small and medium scale first.

b. Education.

Its totally ignorant in Saudi Arabia. If available it is very expensive. Short courses for expat children are not available. The space can be explored.

c. Indoor games

Not available like swimming pool. That can be organized for the kids and elders. Those available are very expensive, 1000 SAR per month. Small packages can be organized for exercise and with trainer.

d. Housing

Needs great attention. The expats are hot candidates as the locals are favourite in this industry. There is no orgainzed help available to expat and its individual to search and locate.

Transport

e. No bus system is available for city transportation. Limousine is expensive. The buses are not available. School transportation is not fit to meet the parents requirment.

There are many other options too.

Regards

I am interested in business in hotel  clothes shops

Its my view and you may agree or disagree. But the closth business is no more in Jeddah. Every mall is full of cloths. Ranging from SAR 10 to best Europian brand jeans to 5o SAR. Sale period it is cheaper than this.

for hotel you need investment, large and their must be rules and regulations too. Visit visa has become expensive. Needs time to see the effects that it is positive or otherwise for market.

Saudi Arabia is a market for two things now

Digital transformation and Fill up gaps. so find the gap where you can turn into. Digital market is vast from services to agriculture to education to travelling to ---------.

:top:

Hello,
Greetings,
Hope all are doing well!
Its really very nice topic to discuss here. The golden days for business is no more here. Now the entire market is sinking one another day.
Yes, as some one mentioned above relaxation centers, meditations and entertaining corners are som of the options in the name of  theme parks or massage parlours or indoor games and family getogether etc.

fashion boutique/consultation with specialized and qualified fashion designers are also another options specifically focusing on brides.

As per the new amendment real estate also open for expats.

Tution center is also another option.

Thank you guys.