Your best business development ideas in Greece

Hi everyone,

As a foreign entrepreneur, launching a business in Greece is a fantastic project and an exciting challenge. Some ideas are likely to succeed. Some others are promising but may not work as well as intended.

In your opinion, what kind of business or industry is likely to succeed in Greece? What kind of industry or service currently unavailable or underdeveloped in the country would meet local needs?

On the other hand, what are the most common business types foreign entrepreneurs would be eager to launch in the country but with very little chance of success?

Thank you for your insights.
Priscilla

Most expats, wherever they live, find it difficult to get into the mainstream of any society, and that includes the society of business. I have lived in The Balkans for many years, and it has been my experience that one should stick to what one is good at, and something the locals either cannot do well, or don't want to do at all.
You must also remember, that Greece and the Balkans in general are very short of cash, and also short of ideas, and many of the locals themselves -have tried different things - and ended up with a cafe. As a writer and journalist, and bored with semi retirement in Greece, I have recently started an internet magazine called https://TheBalkanNewsMagazine.com which some of you might like to contribute to, but also to advertise in, and promote yourself. It maybe that offering a service to the expat community, is your first step. Let me know if I can help.