Personal number in Sweden

Hello, I'm kaylie. I just wanna get some ideas how to appeal the court.  I have a working holiday visa which allows me to work for a year in Sweden. I applied to get personal number, so I can find a job and open a bank account  but they rejected it because of the length of my visa it's 5days short of a year. It says I need at least a year residency to apply for personal number. So I sent the appealing letter saying, I can't do anything here without personal number etc. but they rejected it again. I was planning to extend the visa but I have to wait till next march to extend 5 more days ;(
I'm planning to appeal again any ideas that I can write on the appealing letter ?

Thanks for reading :)


Hi! As I know as Long as you have your permit to stay/work you can get a personal number.

Im not sure but try to open an account thru ICA banken. Prolly that will solve your problems... but not 100% sure.

Try even to ask about a translation in english for this >>> … d3643.html

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Sweden

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Sweden

Moving to Sweden

Find tips from professionals about moving to Sweden

International Wealth Management

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs

Travel insurance in Sweden

Enjoy stress-free travel to Sweden