Currency exchange: Canadian $ (CAD) to Pound Sterling

I am travelling to the U.K. in November and I want to take some U.K. cash with me.
Shall I buy the money in Canada or in the U.K. and where? At the bank or at the airport?

Get at the Bank in Canada B4 you leave as the airport will cost you more.  Checks / Cheques are not used over here and Travelors checks ain't much over here either.  I was surprised how many businesses both big and small only accept cash.  They do Not even any credit cards. I had my car repaired at a reputable, large chain mechanic and it cost £300.00 and I was required to pay in cash.   Cash Exchange businesses are here.  But seem more costly than banks I'm sure!  Grab your max £ amount to bring with you and split it into different carrying areas incase you loose 1 - you've still got the other funds.  Also photo copy your travel documents (Passport / Visa) incase you loose your original it'll be quicker and easier to get a replacement with a photocopy of originals.  Enjoy / Safe Journey!

Thank you for the advise, I will go to the bank today.

Google online for different rates 1st.  As there may be a better deal out there.  Cash Exchange centers for example?   Post Offices and Travel Agencies seem expensive??

Aussie Dreamer wrote:

Get at the Bank in Canada B4 you leave as the airport will cost you more.  Checks / Cheques are not used over here and Travelors checks ain't much over here either.  I was surprised how many businesses both big and small only accept cash.  They do Not even any credit cards. I had my car repaired at a reputable, large chain mechanic and it cost £300.00 and I was required to pay in cash.   Cash Exchange businesses are here.  But seem more costly than banks I'm sure!  Grab your max £ amount to bring with you and split it into different carrying areas incase you loose 1 - you've still got the other funds.  Also photo copy your travel documents (Passport / Visa) incase you loose your original it'll be quicker and easier to get a replacement with a photocopy of originals.  Enjoy / Safe Journey!

Cheques are used in the UK, as long as you have a bankers card.

Credit Cards are accepted in a lot of places.

If you do need to change money in the UK, change it at the Post Office, they do a better rate. Never Ever change at the airport, they screw you over.

Aussie Dreamer wrote:

Google online for different rates 1st.  As there may be a better deal out there.  Cash Exchange centers for example?   Post Offices and Travel Agencies seem expensive??

Post Offices in the UK offer the better deals. I've been using them for all my life!!

Exchange Rate