Close

Short Term Accommodation in Hai Phong (Student Budget)

Dear all.

In mid-January 2017, I will be moving to Viet Nam for two months for academic research. I will be staying in two cities: Hai Phong and Da Nang. Now, with the latter it has been relatively easy to find affordable accommodation. However, for Hai Phong I'm running into some serious difficulties. All I can find is hotels (which are $25+ a day which is too expensive for me) since the only cheap options are hostels on Cat Ba. However, I don't really want to live in Cat Ba since I would have to take the ferry every day to the main city. Does anybody have an idea where I could find affordable accommodation in Hai Phong for a period of ~3 weeks? My budget is a maximum of $450 per month (15$ per day) but preferably less. I do not seek an apartment but a single room with a bed, so I'm not looking for anything luxurious.

Kind regards,

Pim

PS: In case anyone is aware of a Haiphong/Da Nang-based English-speaking Facebook group, I'd love to hear about that too.

I have a friend live in Hai Phong.

She was my high school classmate. She's married with a daughter.
I'll ask her if she can help you to find something.

Tell me the address of the office you need to come to do research,
and send me a PM for your email address.

Moderated by kenjee 3 weeks ago
Reason : Promotion of own services not allowed. Register company in business directory.
Moderated by kenjee 2 weeks ago
Reason : Promotion of own services on forum not allowed. You can register your services freely in the business directory.

Expatriate health insurance in Hai Phong

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Hai Phong

Moving to Hai Phong

Find tips from professionals about moving to Hai Phong

Travel insurance in Hai Phong

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Hai Phong

Flights to Hai Phong

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Hai Phong