Book about the individual(!) states of America

Hi there,

As I have plans to move to the United States of America within now and 3,5 years (I set myself a deadline Summer 2015), I've read quite a lot about the USA the last fews months. Although I have already found some interesting books myself, I have not been able to find a book yet which describes every single state in the United States. I'm almost sure there much be such a book, but unfortunately haven't been able to locate it so far. I've found some books on Amazon, bus mostly are child-orientated or nothing is said about what's inside (like the book 'Our fifty states'). Therefore I would rather like to ask if anyone here is aware of such a book and where I can buy/borrow this particular book. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sjoerd

And what kind of information about EVERY state you would like to find in such a book? Who should the book be addressed to?
American authors write and American publishers publish to markets, consequently there are books (periodically updated) like Best places to live, best places to retire - though they are not arranged by states but by metropolitan statistical areas: they gather - and weigh - info about climat, taxes, quality of life, etc. etc. etc for a lot of those areas foe pepole who consider moving somewhere being either pre- or working age or retired.