Close

Free Legal Advise from a Licensed Attoreny

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all, I am Saudi Arabian and I am working as a lawyer here in Riyadh and I handle cases within labor court criminal courts, etc. Second of all, Since I am member of this site, I want to provide free legal advise this week because I have some free time and I wanted to use it wisely. Therefore, if you have any question within the law of labor such as contracts, benefits, compensations, etc or if you have question regarding criminal cases you can ask me on this tread or through private messages.

However, I am going to answer ONLY the clear questions which are include all facts, the contracts info etc. Vague questions cannot be answered because I do not want to give a false advise.

Advise only are free of charge!!!

Thank you Yossef 11 for providing this free service for all expats. Your intentions are noble and are welcomed.

Hi Yossef,

Thank you for your post.
I invite you to get registered in the Saudi Arabia business directory please and not to use the forum or private message to promote your activity.

If you wish to share advices, feel free to share your knowledge on the forum with everyone.

Thank you,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Dear Ms.Pricilla,

I have registered myself already long ago in business directory. What I'm offering here is clearly stated in the post which is advise free of charge for those in need. However, if you think I am using this website to promote my self you can delete this post. 

Regards,

what is the reason that the crisis causes in saudi Arabia

Thanks broski ... xo

Good day Sir! Just wanna ask if i can possibly get a copy of exit visa or police clearance thru online as i was already in my home country. if that's not possible, can u suggest where can i request for that please? Your help will be much appreciated... Thank u so much in advance.

your questions is related to Passport office not to the laws here in Saudi. However, based on my experience, your sponsor can do that for you

Yossef11 : I have a common query that almost every expat has and would like your legal opinion on the same.

Qn: What are the conditions under which an expat can get a release from his sponsor to work with another sponsor ? Under which cases can a sponsor refuse release ? Under which cases does a sponsor has to give release ?

Hope you will enlighten us with your legal expertise.

Dear sir,

I am sorry for the late replay because I was away for the last couple days and thank you for your important and solid questions. Releasing an expat is not easy task for employers especially with regard to the fact that releasing  is not specified in the labor law. However, expat still can do transfer legally to another sponsor in multiple ways. First, expat can request his employer to include in the contract a release provision (after the end of the contract or whenever wanted). Second, expat can do transfer if the employer does not issue Igama within 3 months after arriving. Third, expat can do transfer to another sponsor if his current company is in red section of Maktab Alamal. Forth, expat can do transfer to another sponser if hi did not get paid for three months. Fifth, if the employee did not renew the expat's Igama within 1 month of its expiration. Lastly, expat can have licence to work with another company if an expat files a case at Maktab Alamal and respectfully  attending his hearing sessions. If non of the above are applicable, then the  current sponsor is not required to release his employee unless if he agrees.

I hope my answers  are helping  and enlightening.

Yossef Alsaeed
Attorney and Legal Adviser

Dear Yossef,

Your reply is extremely helpful and enlightening.

I would like to add one more point : perhaps you can corroborate this.

- If an expat was hired locally on a limited time contract, then at the end of the contract term if he wishes not to renew his contract and has another offer from another sponsor - then the sponsor has to release him. (Note: this is only in the case of local hires and on condition that you have another offer)

HRGuru :

Dear Yossef,

Your reply is extremely helpful and enlightening.

I would like to add one more point : perhaps you can corroborate this.

- If an expat was hired locally on a limited time contract, then at the end of the contract term if he wishes not to renew his contract and has another offer from another sponsor - then the sponsor has to release him. (Note: this is only in the case of local hires and on condition that you have another offer)

HRGuru, the above is not applied universally. I don't think there is a law around it.

Moving to Saudi Arabia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia

Travel insurance in Saudi Arabia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Saudi Arabia

Flights to Saudi Arabia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Saudi Arabia