i have just had my U visa supplement B signed by the law enforcement agency. now I have 6 months in which to file for the U visa waiting list, which I understand due to the cap could be years.
I am legally in the USA on a b1/b2 and plan to travel back to the united kingdom to organize things there before returning with my wife and child to continue establishing my business in the USA.
1. I heard if I apply from here in the USA I cannot travel back to the UK. is this true?
2. if I travel back to the UK and I apply there, will I be stuck in the UK until it is pre approved?
3. I also heard that this visa can be changed from a esta visa, (wife and Child), one of the only ones that can have change of status for the U category?
the enforcement agency believe I will have no problem of it being approved due to the seriousness of the crime.
ideally I would like to apply for the U visa from the USA with my family here, if indeed wed not be allowed to travel home.
I don't want to be stuck apart from them whilst waiting.
anyone have a clue as the best way of handling this. I would like to be here in the USA with my family whilst waiting legally.