Living in Indonesia

I am an American expat living in Surabaya with my Chinese Indonesian wife. I am a painter and writer and a teacher. I have a lot of experience as an international teacher.I am happy to help with questions or refer them to people who know more than I about certain topics. I love living in Indonesia which seems to be a remarkably safe and friendly place at this time. Ricker Winsor

rickerw wrote:

I am an American expat living in Surabaya with my Chinese Indonesian wife. I am a painter and writer and a teacher. I have a lot of experience as an international teacher.I am happy to help with questions or refer them to people who know more than I about certain topics. I love living in Indonesia which seems to be a remarkably safe and friendly place at this time. Ricker Winsor

Hi, and welcome back to the forum.
It's good to see expats enjoying their time in this country, and you feel safe and welcomed here. I find a positive attitude tends to go a long way when it comes to being accepted by the locals, something you seem to have.
I'm not much as far as art goes, but I'm starting to discover a little of that world. Perhaps you could post photos of a few of your works.

Thank you Fred.  My web address is: Ricker Winsor
There are a lot of paintings there. Also I post frequently on Facebook.
I spend quite a bit of time learning Indonesian with two teachers, two sessions a week via Skype. This has been and continues to be a great experience. Ricker

The forum auto blocks links from new users to stop spammers.
Would you be kind enough to send it by PM, please?

It is my name basically. Google has it all. Thanks

Rickerw...you might want to come by the Fly Cafe early Wednesday AM the 9th of November to watch the election returns.

There will be a few well known expatriate artists from the Ubud area there that you might enjoy meeting...this guy for example...

http://www.ubud.com/wolfgangwidmoser/

Bring photos of your work!

Cheers!

Are you well known in the art world here?

That is great. We will be in Ubud over Christmas and we know the Fly Cafe. We lived in Bali for two years but live in Surabaya now. My painting site is rickerwinsor. Thanks, ricker

No not yet although I got great publicity including TV and front page second section at Jawa Pos from a recent show here at Surabaya Museum at Siola. Not a lot of venues in Surabaya but we are trying. Thanks. R

rickerw wrote:

No not yet although I got great publicity including TV and front page second section at Jawa Pos from a recent show here at Surabaya Museum at Siola. Not a lot of venues in Surabaya but we are trying. Thanks. R

I know a couple of people so I'll pass your instagram on to them.

Thanks. Better my site rickerwinsor or Facebook than Instagram. I am connected in Jakarta with Duta Fine Arts but no show there yet. It is a great gallery.  R
And in Ubud at BCAC, Bali Center for Artistic Creativity, where I have done some teaching in the past...

Let me know if you do anything in Jakarta and I'll try to come along.
I'm a first class philistine, but I'm trying to change my evil ways.

Popped that site off to a couple of people in the Jakarta art world.

Knowing something about painting can enrich your life. Duta is in the Kemang area. Check it out. Well worth the effort. R

I wandered off to a show in Jakarta a few weeks ago, and that turned out to be well worth the time.

http://bazaar.artjakarta.com/

Feel free to add art stuff here

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 23#3326411

A couple of photos of what you tell us about would be a nice bonus.