Close

Looking to move to Cambodia

Hi folks,

I am planning to head out to Cambodia in December this year for an extended stay (currently open ended). I have had enough living and working in the UK and wanted a change.

Is there any advice you would give to someone a) before the leave, and b) once they have arrived?

My main queries currently are:

- what is it like to get accommodation in Phnom Penh?
- is it difficult to set up a bank account over there (I don't want to be paying international transfer fees too often)
- with Visas - should I just request a business Visa upon arrival, and can this still just be extended via travel agencies?

Any advice or tips you could give would be much appreciated. I spent the best part of a month in Cambodia while travelling a decade ago, but this is going to be a massive change for me!

Thanks.

Shaun

Hi man,
Greetings, you can settle your accommodation by your budget stay in Phnom Penh city, there is so many properties in housing section ,
It's not difficult to get bank account here , you  can open easy , if any assist let's me know., I have friend ,she office manager banks,
You need to do business visa while entrance airport ,by asking police immigration , it's more convenient for long stays as Residence here , you can renew your with local agency here with it's fair price . 

Hope you enjoy your living here,
Cheers

Expatriate health insurance in Phnom Penh

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Phnom Penh

Moving to Phnom Penh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Phnom Penh

Travel insurance in Phnom Penh

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Phnom Penh

Flights to Phnom Penh

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Phnom Penh