Daycare/childcare options for short term visitors

Hi, I will be visiting Paris for about six months with my husband and my 2 yrs old daughter. My husband would be working full time, while I work as a freelancer, so I would need a few hours (3-4 hours) of child care service, so that I can complete my work. I read on some forums that "creches" have a long waiting list, so that's not an option for me. I also read about nannies, but I am not sure how that arrangement works and how much it costs. Can anybody help me please? What are the daycare/childcare options that short terms visitors to Paris have?

Hi Anuja Aggarwal, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope members can advice you about the daycare/childcare in Paris.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi,

I do not know anything about the daycare options in Paris.
But I'm a master student sociology who is planning to go to Paris in April for 5 months. I have 5 years of experience with baby-sitting and I could also give the references of two families for who I babysit now. For any further questions you can email me ([email protected]).

Best,
Magdelien

Hi,
you also have "Halte-Garderies".While "creches" are for fulltime daycare,every day,these are intended for parents needing daycare 2-3 days a week.You must contact the mairie of your part of Paris to register you child.
If you used a nanny,make sure you use an wellknown agency.
This is a link with the location of some public "halte garderies". tout-paris.org/vie-pratique/garde-denfants/halte-garderie-paris
Good luck.

Hello Anuja,

I hope you got your solution. If not let me know my friend has a kid.He can sure help you.

Abhishek

Hello,

Unfortunately for only 6 months, I am afraid you need to hire a private nanny. So check the net there are nice sites like craigslist for example.
I am a nanny and that's what I used to find work.

If you need more info, do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi i am Coming to paris and london for a short visit of six six days with my husband and 2.5 year old daughter.i need a private nanny pllsssss help me.

Hello Sabaamir.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You should post an advert in the jobs in Paris section. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello anuja

Am a babysitter and if u ve still not found a solution  i ll be please to become ur child nanny.just send me a mail .am free anytime

thanks

Hi Anuga and Sabaamir,

Hi Anuga!

I will be glad to help you out with your daugther, I am Joyce and living here in France for a year now i have A2 level in french (oral and writing) lets say just a little bit advance for a starter in french view. I have a daugther as well and she is now 8 years old. the reason i'm telling you this is  to let you know that i know how a young lady behave and what are their needs. I am passionate with the childrens and their security is very important. I have a non criminal record from the administration if you will need it, just incase.

Here in France the baby sitting is minimum of 9.22-11 Euros/ hour depend on the request of the parents and you will have to finance the transfortation for the nanny.Then must sign a contract that you have provided.

If you are interested to get intouch with me i will be please.

Feel free to email me :

[email protected]

Sincerely,

Joyce