Travel and re-entry without a visa

i am an American male who is married to a Philippine citizen
i got into the Philippines with just my passport and can stay for 29-30 days.(not really sure of the number of days i'm allowed to stay)
we are going to Hong Kong for a 4 day visit......when we return to manila,will i be allowed re-entry on just my passport again for another 29-30 days???
i'm asking this because i want more time to get paperwork together to get my permanent visa to stay here indefinitely....

belayit wrote:

i am an American male who is married to a Philippine citizen
i got into the Philippines with just my passport and can stay for 29-30 days.(not really sure of the number of days i'm allowed to stay)
we are going to Hong Kong for a 4 day visit......when we return to manila,will i be allowed re-entry on just my passport again for another 29-30 days???
i'm asking this because i want more time to get paperwork together to get my permanent visa to stay here indefinitely....

If you are taking your Filipina wife with you to Hong Kong, why not ask for the Balikbayan privilege stamp in your passport when you return?  It's good for a one year stay.

TeeJay

as soon as we get back from h.k.,i will be getting my permanent resident alien card(or whatever it's called).
my wife is a widow who was married to an american citizen, and he had some kind of an identification card which is similar to a green card in the u.s.
what i want to know is if i can just go to h.k. and re-enter P.I. four days later with no problems for another 30 day stamp in my passport.....
sorry for any ambiguities.....as i see there are so many different ways to be here....it's kind of confusing !!!!! and the official website just made it more confusing...

thanks,
                                                                                tom

Tom,

No problem leaving and returning, you will simply be granted another 29 day stay.  When you return you should have a forwarding ticket. You may not be asked for it in the Phil, though you may not be allowed to board your plane in Hong Kong without it.

You can rent a ticket here (link below) or purchase a throw away.
Link:
https://flyonward.com/en/

Legal with regard to onward ticket:
http://thehaguepe.dfa.gov.ph/no-visa-en … er-e-o-408

Approximately 5 days or so before the expiration of you 29 day stay, You can extend for another 30 days at most BI extension offices. The guys in my area use the one at the Robinsons mall.  Near the end of your 30 day extension you can then either apply at the extension office for a 2 month extension or at one of the main offices for a 6 month extension at which time you will need to apply for an ACR-I card, a simple application.

Once you receive your ACR-I card you can complete the process of applying for your 13-A permanent resident visa for those married to a Philippines citizen and residing in the Philippines. It will be a one year temporary after which you will re-apply for permanent status.

Here is a link from lonely planet that addresses your question:
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/ … urist-visa

Hope this helps,

TeeJay

i just left last wednesday after staying for 2 yrs on a tourist visa. I just went to the immigration office and paid for 6 month extensions. If i understand you arrived w/o visa and with passport only. Go to immigration and see if you can just extend instead of always making a trip to HK every 29 days.