Laundry

I'm wondering how do single people, live in Denmark?

Over the Copenhagen area it is very common for smaller flats not to have a washing machine. I was caught on such, only told after I placed my reservation.

I dont have many clothes as I have to travel by plane all the time and hence have no fixed residency so each time I have to do the laundry I have about 2KG each of black white and coloured clothes.

I'm paying 50kr for each wash (3) and some 20Kr for 'drying' every week, so some 700Kr a month.

Is it just me or its probably cheaper to buy new underwear and simple clothes than to wash them? Any experience on how to best deal with this?

I'd no idea this was a thing here but that seems very expensive!😵

Lynliam wrote:

I'd no idea this was a thing here but that seems very expensive!😵

Im not even going to tell you how much it is to have the clothes properly washed, dried and ironed.  :lol:

It seems as if a used washing machine could be the solution. Look at dba.dk or degulesider.dk.

If you live nearby a youth hostel, you could ask them if you could use their amenities.

/Nellie

There is no place on the flat for one and also I'm constantly travelling. I guess I just have to take it for now, I'll be moving in 2 weeks so hopefully will not make the same mistake ;)