Close

Anyone retired to Japan from U.S?

Hi,

I moved from Tokyo to the East Coast 1987 - became a citizen about 20 years ago. 

I want to retire overseas - the USA is not a place to live happy after the retirement and I came across this site.  I am hoping to exchange information on the retirement overseas.

I already checked out similar lists of recommended places.  Also I want to meet someone who successfully went back or live in Japan after the retirement.

Thanks.

Hello Nut_Ella

Your thread is now on the Japan Forum. To increase your chances to response, you should post on the destination forum.

Many from the U.S choose Costa Rica for retiring. Feel free to browse through the destinations and check out the Forum section as well as the Expat Guide section, found under Handy Tools.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

I retired to Sapporo about 3 years ago.  Just bought a house.  I'm very happy here.  My only problem is I haven't worked hard enough to learn Japanese.  You're welcome to ask me any questions you like.  I am a 70 year old American guy, married to a Japanese wife.

Hi
Iam Helmi ,Indonesian married to Japanese and living in Gifu (about 30 minutes from Nagoya).
Iam doing my villa project on Kuta,Lombok Island,Indonesia where some Europeans and Americans built their retirement homes/villas.
It would be great if you also interest living in Indonesia beside Japan,then we might have a chance to do this project together.
Cheers
Helmi Zanni

Thanks but it's way too hot there for me.
Good luck.

Expatriate health insurance in Japan

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Japan

Moving to Japan

Find tips from professionals about moving to Japan

Travel insurance in Japan

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Japan

Flights to Japan

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Japan