Divorce and remarry in Indonesia

I have a KITAP in Indonesia sponsored by my wife, Just wondering if we divorced and i marry another Indonesian, My Kitap will be canceled? or the my could canceled it anytime? can i live in Indonesia until it gets expired?

Thanks

Your KITAP is issued with your wife as a sponsor and is only legal whilst you're still married.
The moment you divorce, your sponsor has gone, so your KITAP is invalid.
You can restart the process with your new wife, but that means starting as you did before, aiming at KITAS until you've been married for two years.
You'll have no immigration status upon divorce, so you'll have to leave the country (Exit permit when you surrender your KITAP) and re-enter on a new temporary visa until you remarry.

Strong advice - Follow the rules and keep immigration up to date with anything you do. If so, you'll find them helpful; if not, you could find yourself behind bars.

i think wrong again...I.M sure the Gov.t gives u about 3 months to get yer chit together.so if u get divorced watever go immediatl and get an Indo mate and o a cultural visa.that.ll give u time to sort all out.wat type of divorce is it?   civil...muslum..

"Strong advice - Follow the rules and keep immigration up to date with anything you do. If so, you'll find them helpful; if not, you could find yourself behind bars."

Well put Mas Fred! 

Ironic, but not unusual, that sound and good advice very often falls on deaf ears.

"Strong advice - Follow the rules and keep immigration up to date with anything you do. If so, you'll find them helpful; if not, you could find yourself behind bars."

Yup! 

Selamat Mas Fred!

Fred, (as usual) is totally spot on. 

Your KITAP is tied to your present wife...as your sponsor, and the SOLE reason you enjoy your KITAP visa.

Once officially divorced from her...you are on your own...and that is fact.

If you are on a KITAP visa currently as a foreigner married to an Indonesian, you had better get good legal counsel in your area.  I stress this for the simple, and factual reason that the manner in which this will be handled is NOT consistent within Indonesia, and in fact, may not even be consistent within the same Province of Indonesia.

Why is that, you might ask?  Simple answer.  The adat "laws" or customs within villages, regencies, and for sure...Provinces varies, and this variation can, and often is, extreme.

A good lawyer here will advise you to come to an agreement with your current spouse about an "equitable" and fair distribution of joint assets BEFORE the divorce is finalized.

I speak not from personal experience, but I have been down this road many, many times with other expatriate friends.

Never forget...this is Indonesia...a sovereign nation which has NO obligation to be the same as your home country.

It's supposed to be a 50/50 split of all assets except inherited whatever, that remains with whichever party it belonged to before the marriage.

Key word here..."supposed" and sorry for the multiple postings.  They (my posts), weren't showing up initially for me...thus the repeats.

Bali is a horse of different color, and while divorce law should be administered with consistency on a national level...it isn't. 

The "best" (meaning most fair) divorces I have witnessed here in Bali are those where the division of property occurs before the divorce is filed or engaged on an official (court) level.   

As lucky, and as blessed, as you and I are Fred...it's unlikely that we will ever have to personally go through this painful process.

Cheers my friend!