Family Visa Process & Time

Hi All,

I did a quick search in Qatar forum on the family visa process and was not able to find any threads that was descriptive enough detailing the application process to bring one's family / dependents to Qatar.

Would any of the members be kind enough to list out the requirements and time frame required to process a family residence permit visa in Qatar. OR answer some of the more specific queries below:

- Eligibility ? ( Profession / min salary requirement if any )
- In how much time a resident can apply for his family visa after getting his RP ? ( I have read that you might need to provide 6 months bank statement along with the application - so does that mean a person has to wait for 6 months to get his family ???)
- What are the documents required ( type / attestations / translations / bank statement / letter from company / sponsor etc )?
- Mode of application - Online / Physical visit to MOI/ or related office ?
- Time frame required usually ( An average would do)

Good day & Thank you.

Seems all the expats in Qatar are extremely busy .....................or ............

Hi

To be able to grant residency visa you need:

6 months bank statement
Your Salary certificate on employer letter head, signed by authorised signatory and sealed by official stamp
No objection letter from employer with same verifications
Your Employment contract attested by labor department
Your home Tenancy contract attested by municibality
KAHRAMA number, supported by an invoice
Copy of your Qatari ID
Your educational certificate attested by MOFA
Marriage certificate, attested by MOFA
X3 whight background passport size photos of visa benificiary
And fill in the relevant form from MOI website

That's all

While waiting to complete the requirements .. he/ she can apply for family visit visa ... which will be valid for 6 months... during this period applicant can proceed with residency visa requirements

I'm an Engineer. I came to Qatar in May 2010.
I don't know if the requirements for family visa have changed since then, but in my case I asked the PRO (Public Relations Officer) of my employer to process visa for my family.
The PRO asked me for 6 months bank statements, from any bank from any country, it does not have to be statements from a bank in Qatar. I turned in statements from a bank account I have had in another country for some years before coming to Qatar. I was also asked for my Qatar Resident Permit, and a letter from my employer. That was all. No documents were attested by anyone. Five days after I turned all the documents to the PRO, I received a tourist/business visa for every member of my family. My family came to Qatar, once they were here, The PRO processed the resident permit, but again, this was in 2010. I suggest you talk to your PRO.
Good luck.

Also, I was asked for pictures of my family.

FLO5

I was on the Conservative side of documentation  requirements .. but yes I agree .. with good PR time and requirements can be easier

my case, my company did everything, i just had to make the medical tests only .. depends on your company status and your PR if he is cooperative

@ Tobasi & FLO5 ..Thank you very much for the updates.

From the comments I understand that 6 months statement is a standard requirement and this may mean that a delay in bringing the family is to be expected for this duration for all expats.

Seems there are expats willing to help others in this forum yet .... :):heart:

Crying_seabird wrote:

my case, my company did everything, i just had to make the medical tests only .. depends on your company status and your PR if he is cooperative

Could you specify in how much time after you joined the organization were you able to get you family a resident visa ? Thanks for your assistance.

after i had my ID (2 weeks to process my ID)  directley they started my family visa (took 4 working days to issue family visit visa) and i brought them here, it took another  2 weeks to issue thier ID's
but my company is powerful and semi gov

Crying_seabird wrote:

after i had my ID (2 weeks to process my ID)  directley they started my family visa (took 4 working days to issue family visit visa) and i brought them here, it took another  2 weeks to issue thier ID's
but my company is powerful and semi gov

Glad to hear this and thank you for your comments. I am sure this will help others as well.

still saying depends, first on your offer and financial status , and your company status and cooperation

Family visa in Qatar is subject to limitations as below as I understand. I did all the family visa process for my family myself.

1.You need to show six months bank statement to apply for family visa. which means you apply only after six months of opening a bank account and your salary credited to account.

2.You should have a minimum salary of QR10000/month

3.get an NOC from your employer (formats are available).

4. You need a tenancy agreement attested by Municipality which includes electricity and water in your name.

5. Application form duly filled

if all these documents are available normally you get approval for family visa in Qatar within 10 days of application.

If anybody needs more clarification let me know.

Abraham Antony

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Register business in business directory please.

Good compliation @Abraham Antony : the bottom line as I understand now for expats is that you may end up living there without family for at least 6 months. A big factor to consider for expats planning to move to Qatar with family.

they can bring family in on family visit  which is valid for six months. family visit visa costs QR200/month/person

there is 2 cases,
family contract or single contract,
in my case, it took me 2 months only. i didnt have six months account statment, my company took care of everything, (maybe because its semi-gov)

Crying_seabird wrote:

there is 2 cases,
family contract or single contract,
in my case, it took me 2 months only. i didnt have six months account statment, my company took care of everything, (maybe because its semi-gov)

So it basically depends on the type of the company or how good is the PRO ?? :/

both, good company will have benefits,
good PRO has good work rounds,

Hi, dear , first of all accept my apology on the late reply for what i have the information and did delay to write. Well what i had the experience is :
1....        you need at least salary of QAR 10,000 to bring the family here
2....        you do have the permission letter from the company management for the family .
3....        A marriage certificate certified by the country foreign affairs
4....        A translation in Arabic of the marriage certificate & signed it from the Qatar court.
5....        A copy of the monthly salary certificate which shows you have the amount as spend good time              here( QAR 10000)
6...         your QID
7....       Credit card   to pay the fee for the visa online. pay in cash is not an option

then simply step in to the nearest immigration office and ask them for family visit visa.

above all is what I have the experience for visit visa, if some thing had been changed , the adviser is not responsible      :))))))))
what back if u think i missed something to tell
have good day

Thank you farooq Abdul for your response.  Much appreciated.

approvals depends on ur luck

Hello. I too am considering a contract in Qatar. I see that my wife can get a family residence visa good for 6 months, but what happens after that time? Can this residence visa be renewed multiple times? Maybe she would just have to leave the country for a few days during the renewal process? I would appreciate any info on this! 🙂

Hello Billc62,

It's Family Visit Visa what you are talking about. It's valid for 1 months and can be extended for every month for upto 5 months by paying QAR 200 every month. After the 6 months are completed, you will have to go back to your home country and your wife will have to apply for a fresh visa again and then the same cycle  repeats. However 6 months should  be enough to find a job or at least decide whether you want to live here permanently or not.

I see. Thank you!  If I go there, I will be on a multi-year contract.

Hi there
The eligibility to have family RP in qatar that your salary must exceed 10000QR then you can be able to bring them over here
You can apply for their Visa after a complete 6 month of your salary bank transfer
You will need the below documents to apply
HR letter
Copy of your contract
Copy of your Qatari I'D
passport copies for you and all your family members
Your detailed education certificate attested from your country and from the ministry of foreigner affairs in qatar
Your bank statement showing the last 6 month salary transfer
NOC  letter from your Sponser showing his agreement for you to bring your family
You need to print the visa application from the government site and fill it , sign it along with your Sponser signature  (if there is a signature for him in the form)
Take all documents in person and go to the main visas administration department in madina Khalifa and apply
There is no certain time I can advice you with until this RP is done it can take week or a month
You can follow up online with the VP no. That you will have
Hope this helps

Thanks for the help!  :)