Skiing in Iran

Dears
I hope this letter find you well.
I want to describe you about my beutiful country Iran , in every post I decided to talk about one interesting things from my country.
Skiing
Tehran the capital of Iran has 3 pist for skiing , two of them are international pist, Shemshak pist , Dizin pist , Abali pist, first and second are international pists and most of the time many competition do there. The amazing thing about these pists are closing to the Tehran city with around 30 min far from the city and its unbelievable , you start for going out from very crowded city and after 20 min you arrive in Fasham a small city with interesting natural mountain and river and trees, after that you arrive in shemshak city, you could rent a nice apt or villa to have a beutiful and never forget night for doing skiing tomorrow .
I know the weather is very cold and you wish have a swimming in this time , I have to say you, you could do it!!!! Yes ,believe me, you could go to Kish Island and swimming in Persian Gulf with blue water and see the couloir fishes and other water sport in same time.
Yes , in my country you have four season in same time, it's unbelievable ? I know but here you could do it.
See you in next post, you could suggest me about all things you want to know about Iran .
Warmest Regards
     Mohammad

Iran is a country I would love to visit, but sadly it's unlikely to happen as I have a family to consider, and the youngest is only two.
I'm thinking of the little I know about that country, but all my mental images are of a hot place, so the idea of ski slopes is a little odd for me.
I'm going to play on google and try to find out a little more about what you've described in your post.

Please share what the position is for expats and tourists who fancy a visit or living in Iran, and how easy it is for them to travel to the places such as you've so nicely described in your OP.

Dear Fred
Firstly I have to say thanks about your guide for describing my country.
Secondary again thanks for your attention about my post and specially thanks about my country.
You told me you have little boy, it's so sweet I have two boys and you see one of them in my profile he's 4.5 years old and older is 14 . Don't worry my new friend , Iran is a safeiest country in Middle East and Asia, you see exploding in Turkey France and many other countries , but my country is so safe .
About places you could see, I have to know your behavior firstly and after that introduce you many places, if you like nature and jungle I could say you many places ,if you like ancient cities and building I have too, if you like food I could  introduce you interesting food , if you like desert we have too.
Please say me to talking more, I also send new post tonight about ancient cities.
I'm waiting to hearing about you as soon as possible.
Warmest Regards
    Mohammad

My personal interests are street life and street food.
Take a look at this forum page to get an idea of my hobby
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

If I ever managed to get over there, I'd be taking my camera for a walk through ancient cities, trying to find out how people lived then, and how they live in those places now.

As for food - I'm fat for a reason. :D

Would tourists or expats over there face restrictions if they walked around taking the sort of snaps in the link, or would people tend to be as free and easy about it as they are in Indonesia?

As far as I know, women are not keen to be photographed unless they give you permission. But I guess its a common thing.

Primadonna wrote:

As far as I know, women are not keen to be photographed unless they give you permission. But I guess its a common thing.

I've found it depends on the photo being taken, and what the person is doing at the time.
A very few women have asked me not to snap them, but the vast majority are positively keen to get in front of the camera.
I wonder if that's the same for Iran.

Dear Reader
Thanks for your attention about my topic .
In all around the world you couldn't take a photo of people when you zoom of them, but as Fred told you could talk with women and describe your target about photography ,then you see all of them let you to take a photo.
I'll be so glad to help you about my love country.
Again thanks for your attention .
Regards
   Mohammad

double post

Fred wrote:

Iran is a country I would love to visit, but sadly it's unlikely to happen as I have a family to consider, and the youngest is only two.
I'm thinking of the little I know about that country, but all my mental images are of a hot place, so the idea of ski slopes is a little odd for me.
I'm going to play on google and try to find out a little more about what you've described in your post.

Please share what the position is for expats and tourists who fancy a visit or living in Iran, and how easy it is for them to travel to the places such as you've so nicely described in your OP.

If you love milder climates and green landscapes, mountains etc. northern Iran is truly stunning. I've been collecting pictures lately and was surprised at the amazing natural beauty of Iran's entire northern regions. It's DEFINITELY as beautiful as the Black Sea region of Turkey and the European Alps. Shock shock shock.

Photo of northern Iran

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/722/22772815829_2a8fb46441_b.jpg

A few more photos of northern Iran, if I may?

1st one is Masuleh village in northern Iran (Gilan)

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5610/15628973658_e4a6118022_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5623/22716885536_0681bdebf2_b.jpg

http://imna.ir/images/docs/000185/n00185878-r-b-022.JPG

Turkish Dutch wrote:

I've been collecting pictures lately and was surprised at the amazing natural beauty of Iran's entire northern regions.

Stunning stuff.
Do you have any of life in Iran? I'd love to see some pictures of the towns and everyday life over there.

Fred wrote:
Turkish Dutch wrote:

I've been collecting pictures lately and was surprised at the amazing natural beauty of Iran's entire northern regions.

Stunning stuff.
Do you have any of life in Iran? I'd love to see some pictures of the towns and everyday life over there.

I don't know anybody in Iran, but I'm in love with nature in general.

BTW, you can visit the skyscrapercity.com forum for thousands of pictures, information and discussions of Iran or any other country you want. An amazing site.

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood, you mean if I have photos of life in northern Iran..

I'm not sure how many I have, but you can find many such photos on that website, skyscrapercity.com.

BTW, Fred, please google "pictures of Tehran alitezar", you will come across tons of pictures of life in Tehran that you won't easily find anywhere else.

Thanks for the ideas.
Since last seeing one of the OP's posts, I've been googling.

I like this site.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/iran- … n-pictures

We're getting way off topic on this one, so I started a thread.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 36#3426882