Close

How to Retire in Thailand from south Africa?

Hi All,

My name is Jim Davis from Johannesburg South Africa. I will shortly be retiring to Thailand. I am a computer scientist by profession, and in a long term relationship with a Thai lady who currently lives with me in my home country.

I can speak some Thai, and have a townhouse in Bangkok. I visit Thailand regularly. (2/4 times each year).

While I am fairly familiar with Thai conditions, spending short periods in a country is not the same a permanently residing there. I also wish to immigrate my two Dachshunds.

I would appreciate it if a retired expat would advise me of the the pitfalls that I may encounter.

Hello JimDavis :cheers:

Welcome to Expat.com

This topic has been covered several times on the Thailand forum, by browsing the latter you will surely find a lot of useful informations.

You may also want to check out articles from our Living in Thailand Expat Guide.

You can also use the search tool of the site to find related infos. Just type 'retire in Thailand' in the finder icon on the menu above.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Thanks Mate, I will give it a read.

Regards,
Jim

Expatriate health insurance in Thailand

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Thailand

Moving to Thailand

Find tips from professionals about moving to Thailand

Travel insurance in Thailand

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Thailand

Flights to Thailand

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Thailand