Close

Best neighborhood for us expat to rent

I am arriving in Portugal December 9,2016. I am a single, 62 year old,  single woman who does not speak Portuguese.  Can anyone recommend  the names of neighborhoods or streets I should rent that is near other English speaking expats?  I like the area from lisbon to belem along the water, but I am not familiar with too many areas.  How is the area inside the castle wall? Any input is welcome! Also, any particular rental agent with expertise in us/British expats? ? HELP!!

I don't think that exists in Lisboa, a neighborhood or street with a specific concentration of English speaking expats.  And it would be completely unnecessary and counterproductive to the experience of living in Lisboa.  There are many foreigners in many neighborhoods, you will hear English everywhere.  So choose a neighborhood that is a match for you with regard to budget, lifestyle, aesthetics, convenience, transportation, parking...  Lisboa is pretty compact so your social life can be in the entire city!

hi

Are you comming for business or tourism?

If its for business you area of interest will be Lisbon centre or around Lisbon?

Hi, i would recommend you OLX.PT,
there are lots of houses available, if you need more informations, there are professional services available for renting the apartments e.g
remax.pt, era.pt. and many more

thanks

Expatriate health insurance in Portugal

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Portugal

Moving to Portugal

Find tips from professionals about moving to Portugal

Travel insurance in Portugal

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Portugal

Flights to Portugal

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Portugal