Reg: Work permit application time for dependent visa

Hello,

I had some questions regarding application for a work permit in Brussels for a person on dependent visa.

1) How long does it take for a work permit B once the company submits the papers for application?

2)I have residence permit till March next year which is less than 6 months, is it needed to be more than 6 months for the work permit?

Thanks

Anushreed wrote:

Hello,

I had some questions regarding application for a work permit in Brussels for a person on dependent visa.

1) How long does it take for a work permit B once the company submits the papers for application?

2)I have residence permit till March next year which is less than 6 months, is it needed to be more than 6 months for the work permit?

Thanks

1. Two to three weeks for the decision. (or more depending on workload of the ministry)
2. In my knowledge, and logically thinking - No, as your RP can be extended later based on the WP.

Thank you for your advice. I got my work permit today in 3 weeks time.  You are right residence permit validity is not required to be more than 6 months.

Congratulations !

Hi aneeshks

I am holding a Valid Work Permit B Type having validity till Feb 2018(just got extension for next year last week). I am here in Belgium since March 2016 and working as software consultant.
I Have a valid residence permit and registered rented accommodation on my name.

I am about to start Dependent Visa for my spouse and want to know  how much time it will take as was hearing that there is some difference with D and B Type Visa.

Can you please suggest how much time really it will take in this case to have here visa processed.one more thing I Just have moved to Belgium directly from Amsterdam, does it gonna help or affect in any sense.

Thanks
vishal

Let us not mix up work permit type and visa type. Visa type is always D for long term stay.

Your dependent will have to apply for D type visa. It will take the normal turn-around-time (at the moment the file takes 3-4 months to get a decision)

The fact that you moved directly from another EU country to Belgium will not (in my knowledge) make any difference :(

Hope this helps.