Close

Reg: Work permit application time for dependent visa

Hello,

I had some questions regarding application for a work permit in Brussels for a person on dependent visa.

1) How long does it take for a work permit B once the company submits the papers for application?

2)I have residence permit till March next year which is less than 6 months, is it needed to be more than 6 months for the work permit?

Thanks

Anushreed :

Hello,

I had some questions regarding application for a work permit in Brussels for a person on dependent visa.

1) How long does it take for a work permit B once the company submits the papers for application?

2)I have residence permit till March next year which is less than 6 months, is it needed to be more than 6 months for the work permit?

Thanks

1. Two to three weeks for the decision. (or more depending on workload of the ministry)
2. In my knowledge, and logically thinking - No, as your RP can be extended later based on the WP.

Thank you for your advice. I got my work permit today in 3 weeks time.  You are right residence permit validity is not required to be more than 6 months.

Congratulations !

Expatriate health insurance in Brussels

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brussels

Moving to Brussels

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brussels

Travel insurance in Brussels

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Brussels

Flights to Brussels

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Brussels