Finding a 457 visa work sponsor?

I am a professional in the energy sector with many years experience.  I am trying to find a way to enter the work force in Australia.  Any know how I might locate a visa sponsor, prior to employment.

Hello.

I believe in order for you to be sponsored under the 457 visa, you will have to be sponsored by an employer. This means you will need a job offer by the employer before that employer can sponsor you.

Have you visited Australia's Immigration website immi.gov.au ?  This website has all the different visa opportunities that are available and what requirements are needed in order for you to apply.

You state that you are a professional. If you are under 45 years old, have your occupation is listed in the skilled occupation list, you can actually sponsor yourself under the Skilled Independent. This is known as the General Skilled Migration program. This has a points system. In order for your visa to be processed, you need to qualify for a certain number of points. If you fall a little under it, you will be put in a pool of candidates. More points under the passing points, your application will be denied. You can find this information in the website address I typed above. If you are approved for the Skilled Independent Visa 175, this is a permanent resident visa which will allow you to stay in Australia permanently and valid for up to 5 years. This visa will expire by 5 years. By then, you have the option to renew it depending on the time you have actually stayed in Australia. If you choose and do meet the residency requirements, you can apply for an Australian citizenship so you do not need to keep renewing your permanent resident visa. The reason for the permanent resident visa is only applicable for you to be able to leave and enter Australia indefinitely. However, if your Australian visa expires and you do not renew before the expiration date, you may lose the permanent visa altogether unless you have a valid reason to present to the Australian Immigration. This information can also be found in this website.

Please check out the website and which can help clear some questions you may have. There are many websites out there but immi.gov.au is the official website that you should be referencing information because at any time the Australian government can make a change to requirements.

Good luck.

Thank You... I have checked out the immi.gov site and find it informative. I am pursuing job offers and will most likely take the 457 route once a sponsorship can be achieved.  I also have looked into the skilled worker 175 visa, but the fees are rather high. 
I am a professional and scored 115 on the point system, which would put in the waiting pool, not a great option at this point. Although I am under 45, so that is not a problem...
Thanks again!