Biometric resident card

Just return to Madagascar after three months and come to learn that I will need to go to Tana to get my Biometric resident card.

I was able to go through the Tana airport with my resident visa in my passport, as my old resident plastic card has expired for about a year.

My Resident Visa in my passport is good till 2025, but I am seeing on the streets here in Mahajanga that the police are starting to stop vasaha for "new" resident cards.

I was thinking that maybe my passport would be enough of my resident status till a biometric machine came to my city in Mahajanga.

So, my question is-- what has been your experience in acquiring your biometric card?  I understand the cut-off date is at the end of Nov?   

Any government website you know of that clearly explains the rules.
Any Middle Man in Tana you know of that knows how to work the system to bring this painful chore to a smooth result, I mention this because time is short and travel and hotel expenses add up with each extra day. 

Thank you

Through a French colleague in Maroantsetra, I found a person in the Ministry who has helped me tremendously in the process.  You should be aware that the list of necessary documents on the Internet is not complete. For example, my visa is for Regroupement Familiale, so I had to provide a color copy of my marriage act, a certified photocopy of my Malagasy wife's CIN, and an Attestation Bancaire, none of which are mentioned on the web site.

There was, of course, a "frais" to accelerate the process from 3 weeks to one, but I'll find out this week if that has worked out as promised.

Good luck!

I certainly appreciate your response to my issue.  It was good to hear you tick off the other items which I was able to obtain but the acte de marriage, that I have is not in color. And you are correct about them not being on the internet, so on the official "help" document  those items you mentioned was hand written in later.  However I did get everything signed off by the Le Prefet, administrative Civil here in Mahajanga.  Last thing is for me to get is my document  from the court saying i have not been in trouble. That I will be getting this week when I am in Tana- heading on tues and making it a family trip since the kids are out of school now for two weeks.

I will update later about my progress. 

I read and heard conflicting stories about the cost of the Bio resident card.  Any up to date information about cost.? 
OR any other costs I will encounter and the approx. cost of that in a rounded off manner.?

Thanks for the good luck because I am going to need it

As I heard that "luck" is the residue of design- and I always feel my documents are incomplete till they remember once again what they forgot to mention I need again, which means another return trip to the government office and again and again, This has also happened to me at the bank, forgetting to tell me to bring all my documents complete.

Thank you

Excuse me for expressing costs in Ariary, but (I've not yet obtained the carte in my hands) the cost of the CR is AR 1.200.000, and the frais d'accélération was Ar. 200.000. There remains the "remerciement" to the person who has helped me, but if she comes through this week, I'll be really grateful.

I've been waiting for the CR to transfer my driver's license over to biometric form. I've heard there is a December deadline. We'll see how that goes.

If you come to Tana on Tuesday, are you aware there is an get-together on Wednesday evening at Fatapera in Antaninarenina? I'd like to meet you, if possible.

Thank you for the prices- I count that at $400 usa for the RC.   ( 6,000,000 fmg) 

And the Frais can be tricky.

Thank you once again

I am Tana now and went to court to get my document to prove I am a good person in Madagascar. That took 45 minutes. Then went in the afternoon to get my paperwork filed for bio resident card which took three hours. I had my picture taken and finger printed and documents put into the computer.  I was told that a SMS would come to my phone in two weeks with my code to pick up my completed documents. I will pick up my document and go pay at the cashier my 1200000 also listed as 6000000 fmg. I go with my receipt of payment which by the way can only be done in the morning of Mon Tues and Wed. I will get my new bio resident card in one to three days. 
Begger fee for the two government buildings twelve dollars. And 500 fmg for old woman on the street.
I recommend if vasaha wants to show they have lived here long time and wants better prices to speak in fmg .  But if you ego wants to show other , than by all means pay more by standing out and speak in Ar. Much like a tourist, or other aid worker.

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
visa issue
By talg
visa inquiry
By azusteven
how can I get citizenship ?
By olegpanov
Need a visa for Madagascar, how do I apply pls
By xxxriainxxx
visa before arriva
Need information about Visa
By amitbarve136

Expatriate health insurance in Madagascar

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Madagascar

Moving to Madagascar

Find tips from professionals about moving to Madagascar

Travel insurance in Madagascar

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Madagascar

Flights to Madagascar

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Madagascar