Accommodations prices and good places to stay with gated security

HI, nice to meet you. I am a Singaporean looking to move to Kenya. Could you advise me on accommodations prices and good places to stay with gated security? What are the rents like in Kenya?

Thank you

Varshini28 wrote:

HI, nice to meet you. I am a Singaporean looking to move to Kenya. Could you advise me on accommodations prices and good places to stay with gated security? What are the rents like in Kenya?

Thank you

Hi,
There's a wide range of places you could live depending on your lifestyle and I income. Middle inbound neighbourhoods; kimilimani, kileleshwa and Westlands will have apartments  renting at USD 500 for 1 bedroom older units to USD 800 for newer units. The difference in rents for 2 bedrooms is on average an additional USD 100 In other areas and 200 for 3 bedroom apartments depending on facilties available.  In other areas other areas to look at are Kimilimani,  Runda, Lowestoft and their environs. There's a wide variety of places to choose from.

Regards
Annabel

Hiya Annabel,

Thank you for your help. That has been really helpful.
Would you be able to pinpoint me to a website that advertises jobs? I would really love to get into the UN.

Hello, i am a Kenyan citizen living in Nairobi for last 6 years. By profession i am biomedical engineer/business development manager in a Healthcare company.

In my profession, i have traveled alot and I like meeting new people with different background and cultures. I  have joined expat.com to meet people in Kenya from all over the world and hope to make new friends.

For your information, anybody who is looking for an accommodation i have a new apartment at Muthaiga Heights close to the UN headquarters and US embassy for rental if interested.

For the past 6 years, have been working in the healthcare industry and now am actively looking for a job and  I would very much like to work in UN or any non-profit organisation where i can provide my skills and experience as a healthcare professional. If someone can advise me on the process i would appreciate it.

On a final note. i would like to welcome all expats from all over the world to our beautiful country Kenya and i hope you will enjoy your stay.

Hi,

It's nice to meet you. You sound like you love what you do. That's great.

I am just looking around for accommodations just in case I get successful with my job hunt, would you be so kind as to introduce me to your apartment. Thank you.

Have you also visited the UN website? Most of the yr openings are listed on their website. You could give that a shot.

Also if you know any legal firms hiring please do let me know. Id be so grateful. Once again nice meeting you.

Best
Varshinj

Hey,

Definitely. Let me know once your job hunt is successful and i will show you the apartment. In the meantime, i will see if there is any openings for you.

I have checked out the UN website. It is quite a procedure therefore wanted someone to advise me on how to go about it.

Otherwise, if there is anything you need, please do let me know

thanks

Monal

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm really keen on the UN and I honestly would only move if I get an opening there cause it would then be a dream. So it'll be perfect if you knew someone who could advise me. Yes it is indeed tedious a process.

Thus Meanwhile I plan to qualify so I'm giving myself a 2 year windows.  Hope thingso sort out by then.

Regards and thanks.

Hi everyone,

Just to inform you that since the "New Members" thread is only dedicated to the introduction of new members, this thread has been created from several of your posts on the Kenya forum so that you may interact.

All the best,
Bhavna