Scammers

Hello Fellow Expats,

Recently i received so many Request from "Scammer Wannabe" i can tell from the way they wrote the message,it is pretty annoying

Question is ? How these peoples pss the selection to join Expat.com ?

Best Regard

Hello Kate29 :cheers:

You can report any post, private messages or any friend request you receive. Our team will do the necessary quickly.

Anybody can register on the site, we have algorithms to detect fake profiles, but most go undetected if they do not participate at all.

Just report and we shall do the necessary ;)

Kenjee
Expat.com

Kate29 wrote:

Hello Fellow Expats,

Recently i received so many Request from "Scammer Wannabe" i can tell from the way they wrote the message,it is pretty annoying

Question is ? How these peoples pss the selection to join Expat.com ?

Best Regard

Hello Kate29

if you like to stop this you have toi do 2 things:
first, change your sex to M in ur Profile info.
secound, uplaod another photo, better from an unkmown man.  ;):cool:

regards,

First of All,Thank You Kenjee :)

Second,i think i'll put my Baby pic instead of my own :D

now, i think no one dares to bother you

It doesn't matter what kind of profile picture you have,  they just hit you.
Almost every week I get several request from just joined male members without any single post written and not intend to do so.
They come here just for one reason.
And I ignore them because they do nothing wrong and therefor I  can't report them. Unless a telephone number is given.

But Kate, you bring this subject several times and I know it's a common problem, there is also several times said to report.
Or you can change your profile settings so that no one can contact you except your contacts.

We all do and I ignore them as well.  I dont usually accept any friend requests unless its someone who I have seen posting on the boards and they are female.  Plus I dont really see the advantage of friending someone on here.  Does it do anything?  I mean I dont get a newsfeed on friends or anything?  So if I have ignored your friend requests and hurt your feelings I am sorry :).  But, If anyone has a specific question whom I have not friended,  I am always happy to answer in the public forum.

i am going to send all of you a mass of Messages and friend requests, to bother all of you  :mad:

I Agree in some point with Kip,no advantage befriending with peoples here :)

Mohdq..Hhahahhahaaaaa,don't lose your Chill :)

Kip98 wrote:

Does it do anything?  I mean I dont get a newsfeed on friends or anything?

It takes two to tango...
Sometimes you want to share more experiences which are not suitable on the public forum. Or there is a click and you want to know more about the person and you start a conversation. It can be a start of a nice friendship.
It happened to me several times.