Close

Marriying in other country is it accepted in Morocco?

Me and my partner are planning to get married in America next month. I wonder if it is acceptable when we move to morocco? Any suggestion.

Congratulations and best of luck with your marriage!
   Morocco is now a full participant of the Hague Convention also called the Appostille Convention.  There is way too much information to discuss here but it is easy to look up.
   If the country you are married in is also a treaty participant then the marriage certificate should be recognized here. You may need an Appostille attached in order to authenticate it.
  Hotels in Morocco often request a marriage certificate before renting to couples. You may want to have certified copies made and get an Appostille attached to them rather than carrying around the original.
  Best of luck!

Yes it can accept, after marriage, marriage certification make translation English to Arabic and go Embassy of Morocco in USA and attest all documents and register as well. after that put case in court in  your city in Morocco, they will need documents from your husband/wife from Embassy of USA in Morocco just finish paper work and person can be legalized. Its take may be 30 days. Once reach Morocco start paper work immediately if you come for 30 days only

Thank you for your reply. It really helps us. We appreciate this

No problem but keep in your mind Morocco government departments are not smooth work. Unprofessional and they will not tell you bring documents in one time. According to law and as well as according to his mind and time to time pay some money and tell this is for your children before pay no body should be near him. Because you are living in USA and I am living in Saudi Arabia both countries departments 100% connected on internet some of services online. In Morocco each step you have to pay. Education, Medical and basic services are not good and very costly. No need disappoint inside Morocco Embassies and government departments because they are taking not with manners. If you disappointed better to remember me what I told you. Moroccans they wish you live like European but mentality are not same like Europian I hope you understand

hey

Hello sir.
Thank you for your answer! Well i am japanese and my partner is a moroccan we are planning to married here in japan then i will go there to morocco so we can process it and legalize. Is it the same procedure you said?

Yes before you travel Morocco, only one thing if you are not Muslim you have to convert your religion and become Muslim and you can do inside Morocco to get certificate name is " Takeed Islam"

Expatriate health insurance in Morocco

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Morocco

Moving to Morocco

Find tips from professionals about moving to Morocco

Travel insurance in Morocco

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Morocco

Flights to Morocco

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Morocco