Temporary import of vehicle

Is there a way (and what way is it?) to temporary import a vehicle? I will not be able to do a "total import" as the steering wheel is on the right side of the car and also i don't have the funds to pay such big import taxes.
With a Carnet the Passage from South Africa, what is the longest Temporary Import i can get?
I read that i can get a 6 months one prior to arrival? Must i get this in South Africa?
Is there like a 2 months one i can get at the boarder in Ethiopia? Is it renewable? Can i go in and out every 2 months?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Best regards,

New topic