Where I can live in Manchester

Hello everyone,

Can somebody tell me where I can live in Manchester ? I'm 24 years old and I'm planning to move in UK ( I live in Belgium) but I would like to live in a dynamic place where a job is easy to find. Ofcourse, I'm looking for a safe place because I heard some places are to avoid:/ (like everywhere by the way).

Thank you for your help ;)

Keza

Topic moved on the Manchester forum as a new thread. (It was off topic on the other thread)

Hi Kezakazi,

If you are 24, I guess you would like to live close to the "student place" wich is Fallowfield, there is A LOT of youngs here. The campus is not to bad, but different than fallowfield, wich is like a small centre (with shops, pubs, clubs ...)
The city centre is quite nice as well. Actually there is probably a lot of nice places to live in, but I don't know them all :p

By the way, I'm looking for someone to replace me in a large house to share close to Fallowfield (see the thread about it if you're intersted)

Let me know if you have more questions :)

Kidd wrote:

Hi Kezakazi,

If you are 24, I guess you would like to live close to the "student place" wich is Fallowfield, there is A LOT of youngs here. The campus is not to bad, but different than fallowfield, wich is like a small centre (with shops, pubs, clubs ...)
The city centre is quite nice as well. Actually there is probably a lot of nice places to live in, but I don't know them all :p

By the way, I'm looking for someone to replace me in a large house to share close to Fallowfield (see the thread about it if you're intersted)

Let me know if you have more questions :)

Hi Kidd,

Thank you for the response.. I'm planning to move soon so I have already many many questions to ask :rolleyes:
What are the best business schools you know? I need to do a Master in September (International Businee or Marketing). I have a long list of schools in Manchester but also in other cities in UK. As you guess, I'm a bit lost there are so many schools out there? I'm planning to visit some of them as soon as I arrive there but if you could if give some advices, that would be great! ;)
I can't tell you if Fallowfield is the best option for me because I don't know which uni I'll choose so I guess I need more weeks to think about that but thank you for asking I can let you know if I'm looking for a room there. As a first step, I'll be in Salford. By the way, what do you know about that city? I've never been there before.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Cheers,

Keza :)

Hi Keza,
unfortunately, I didn't come in Manchester to study and I don't know anything about business schools :/ I'm sorry. I'll try to ask around me if anybody knows.

What I know about Manchester is that's a very "young" and "active" city. I think this is the first student city in Europe. Manchester is not to big, I use to move with my bike, cheaper than the bus (If you're not a student, buses are quite expensive), I you can move on foot in the city centre wich is not to big. I think there is quite a lot of places to see, it depends of what you like, but there is a lot of gigs, festivals, clubs, pubs ... And student and Erasmus communities organise a lot of things as well.
I think Manchester is the archetype of the industrial city, all red, with old buildings used by industries, I've never seen a city like that before (in France, Italy or Slovenia). But that's not a city like Edinburg with a lot very beautiful buildings, but Manchester has his own charm, and museums are free.
The weather is quite bad, but I think you already know that, we are in England :p
If you like sports I think you could find what you want (I use to do rock climbing, and I've found 2 climbing walls quite easily).

When are you moving on Manchester ?

I hope my answer could help a bit, If you need anything else, don't hesitate !

Hey Kidd,

thanks for the information. I'm planning to come next week. I've heard many positive things about Manchester ofcourse some negative things too but that didn't have an impact on my choice. I'm young and I need a city where life is possible, where I can meet people from all around the world and ofcourse where it's possible to work. So, i think Manchester can be a good option. I've been there a few years ago and it's true that the city is an industrial city not that beautiful but I've had a good feeling with people there (in the city) so that counts more than the buildings;)
I'm not a really a sportive person but I guess it could be the opporunity to start :P
Anyway, I hope i'll enjoy my new life there! I'll let you know once I'm there!:)
Seeyou soon...

PS: if you your friends have any advices about business schools, don't forget me