Sending Coffee from HCMC to Australia

Hi , does anyone know if Coffee can be sent from Vietnam to me here in Australia , and the best postal service in HCMC ?

Tony

I think you should contact with logistic company :)

We used to receive coffee by post from VN, butMy VN wife, font of knowledge, says that the VN postal service now charges $20/kg to send coffee to Oz. So we now use a substitute, "Brasilia Blue Mountain Style". It is not a bad substitute at all at $9AUD for 500g.

Hi Ralph, do you use the same mix procedure?, I bought some Nguyens from Lotte mart and declared it on entry to Au, no probs as its roasted and ground. Also does it taste as good?

Thanks Ralph,
Yes i have checked with the Australia agriculture dept. on Importing / sending Coffee ' and they did say that it is ok & possible , but the post office somewhere in dist.2 told my Mother in-law that she couldn`t send the coffee  .
Anyway when i find Vittoria brand coffee here on sale at $22 per Kg that is a good price ' so i will stock up the cupboard then .

to expensive to post !
:top:

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Mark,

We don't get our coffee from VN any more. The first time mother in law sent 10kgs in a box with clothing. Every packet of coffee was opened both ends and tipped all over the clothes. Fortunately the clothes were still wearable. Customs slowly reduced their inspection procedures after that until in the end no coffee packets were opened.

you need a certificate to import each product. I had only a sample sent from brazil and they wanted millions just for the certificate.

I have a preference for a brand of coffee from My Tho of all places.   I have never seen it sold in HCMC.  My sister in law buys it when she goes to Ben Tre on holidays and delivers it to a freight company near Tan Son Nhat.  They pack it and handle all paperwork.  Coffee is free from duty going into the US whether for resale or personal use.  The final leg in the US is via UPS and the shipping company may be just dropping it off at UPS for all I know.  Our shipping cost is $6.50/kg and the final cost is $15.50/kg.  We usually ship about 10-15 kg at a time.  I also think you will have fewer problems with customs if you don't mix it with other things.  I could buy Trung Nguyen for less in Chinatown Honolulu but I don't care for it. 

The brand that I buy is called Bảo Minh.  This is the same as the name of an insurance company that provides crop insurance so that may be the connection as My Tho is certainly not a coffee growing region.  It also confirms something that I learned in Hawaii that good coffee is about 20% beans and 80% the roast.  I buy the #2 arabica/robusta blend but they also have higher priced types like civet coffee.

I don't know if my experience helps as it involves going to the US but going to AU should be similar and maybe less expensive.

ah. i miss read the OP. what's wrong with shipping it via normal post office channels? tax should be free if you're importing small quantities.

THIGV wrote:

I have a preference for a brand of coffee from My Tho of all places.   I have never seen it sold in HCMC.  My sister in law buys it when she goes to Ben Tre on holidays and delivers it to a freight company near Tan Son Nhat.

Hi Thigv,
It is interesting to know the cost of sending at that low. I am used to cost much more than that when send mycoffee to Japan. May you let me know the name of that company? Many thanks in advance.
Hau

First don't use the main post office opp Notre Dane cathedral as they subcontract it out to DHL and it becomes hideously expensive.
I have found the PO on Phan Dang Luu in Binh Thanh district incredibly helpful and cheap. A tip when buying the coffee and having it freshly ground is get them to pack them into 200 gram bags that way when you get to the bottom of the bag the content is still reasonably fresh compared to having 1kilogram bags and mostly stale coffee after only partly consuming the bag.
Makes good sense really.
Enjoy your coffee.

I often post things through VNPOST, finding that some staffs their do not master regulations of exporting/ importing at all.

You can try our service :)

Hello Hai, What is the name and location of your service ' and what rates do you charge per kg  of coffee to Australia ?

toeknee_em wrote:

Hello Hai, What is the name and location of your service ' and what rates do you charge per kg  of coffee to Australia ?

Better to communicate that by PM or the post will be edited out by moderators.

Have sent prive mess to toeknee_em, please check :)

Hi, Iv'e bought coffee back in my carry on luggage no problems  it's roasted and ground so no chance of bugs just declare it on the pass they give you I imagine if your bring larger qty's back you'll use check in luggage. Stuff I posted back through the official method goes by weight and included M/C parts, chain, brake and lights because they may be used as a weapon, good luck