Close

Rent prices

I am soon to be relocating to Zambia. I'm an American Expats living on a very nice pension. What I want to know is what type of rental agreements for long term would I be encountering. What should I expect to pay for a 2 or more bedroom in any of the metro areas. I will be living alone so I will be also interested in a housekeeper to either clean and cook full time or part time but no living in. I am not extravaganza...so my comfort zone will be living among the local population of working class. I need also information on banking and money exchange. Should I try online to find a place or should I wait to get there? Are there cheap hostel for temporary stay and if so what types of pricing. Last checked America's crime rates have Zambia beat hands down so please spare me the scary talk of crime because I travel with my caution hat on always. I'm just in need of information on how much I should expect to be paying out.

Example:

I America a 2bd room apartment can range from 600 to 1000 dollars per month (city, suburban, rural)

A house that size can get as high as 1200 to 1500 per month...

All extenuating factors apply, security, local to shopping and school, crime, and traffic.

Please let me know of your experience with this. I'm not committed to any particular area. I'm relying on information from those of you that are living there to share.

Remember that the question I'm asking others may well benefit from also so please be open to all.

Expatriate health insurance in Zambia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Zambia

Moving to Zambia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Zambia

Travel insurance in Zambia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Zambia

Flights to Zambia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Zambia