Are you happy in Ukraine?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Ukraine? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Ukraine happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

The short answer to this is a resounding yes , I have been married to my Ukrainian wife for nine years  i am a pensioner as is my ex doctor wife and even though I only receive a state pension from UK and a small private pension we have two homes in Verknedneprovsk a large house near the  town with three bedrooms three reception rooms kitchen two bathrooms conservatory balcony and a double garage with gardens back and front and a  smaller house in the grounds of the local Sanatorium with two bedrooms kitchen bathroom saloon and tambour surrounded by trees and nature two hundred metres  from the river Dnepro and although my wife has had four visas for the UK the beautiful UK home Office will not grant Her a visa because we may not return to Ukraine and yet they permit all these Moslems into what was my country without question of how they will support themselves . I am truly disgusted with UK , Ukraine officialdom never asked me how I would support myself and the passport police were only too happy to get me a residency certificate , I thank all of the Ukrainian people for their welcome to me . The only reason I wished to visit the Uk is  for us  to see my daughter and my grandson also I was unfortunate enough to lose my Brother in January of this year and my sister in July of this year and so we were not able to attend their funerals . I served my ex country by working all my live and serving the RAF and this is the thanks I get , Do I like Ukraine most certainly do I like my ex country most certainly not. I have no wish to return to live in an country full of Foriengers whom have more rights than native Uk people the Home Office makes a mockery of visa and immigration , thank God I live in an understanding country where I am the alien but accepted. God Save Ukaraine

i was in ukraine last year i think most of the people there are sad ......there is gloom in the air

What a wonderful story. The part about the UK is sad of course and here in my country the USA is becoming the same.  My wife is Ukrainian and we are carefully watching the situation here. The morals and social situation here are going down the toilet. We are seriously considering relocating to Ukraine. I know two other American guys who have already sold everything they have in the US and moved to Ukraine. They ask what am I waiting for?

I have been living in Ukraine for many years with my wife and son.  It has its moments.  Experienced the revolution as they say in Kharkiv in 2014, but nothing has changed.  About immigration.  I feel for the guy from the U.K.  Who knows what the states will hold in the future.  Until then, we are fine in Kharkiv.

It's fine here for the most part.   Nothing to write home about.   There are things I don't tolerate such as:

I won't live long enough, so I don't care.  (attitude).   
I am lucky if I don't have to pay, I am unlucky if I have to pay.
Only a coward pays back a debt.
It's someone else's thing, I'll just borrow it and trash it.
I am taking my car to the grave.

I pick my Ukrainian and Russian  friends and all of them despise the above so in general I can stay away from that low class mentality.   But the vast majority of the people live by the philosophy above.  It's sad. 

The good thing?  They leave you alone, if you leave them alone.  No one bugs me here. I live in an expensive gated community and everyone is more or less friendly,  and no one here acts out of spite.    That is worth something, especially in Ukraine.