Are you happy in Switzerland?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Switzerland? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Switzerland happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

Besides my landlord I find it still difficult to meet locals.
The family of my landlord makes a happy impression.
Some fellow expats seem to be happy. But not all. A few expat friends moved on to other countries. What they did not like so much about Switzerland was the weather. Then the lack of choice in shopping malls.
This is my 2nd host country. I am feeling happier then in my first host and in my home country.
What contributes to my happyness is the standard of living.
My first host country was Ireland - Dublin.
Public transport in Switzerland, especially Zürich or Basel is 10 times better than Dublin.
At the end of the month, the bank account feels slightly better than in Dublin.
My social life in Dublin was better than in Switzerland.
I really miss Irish pub food and pub music. Never thought I would say so, but I do.

Yes

I'm super happy here but I think people's experiences and attitudes affect the outcome. I didn't move here directly from my birth country, I moved from my FIFTH country. I'm an old hat at this now and  have different expectations on how moving abroad goes from a first-timer. I have met many British expats here on their first 'expat tour of duty' and they tend to be huge complainers. Apparently life back home was perfect and here is awful. I can't speak to that as it isn't my experience. AT ALL.
My Swiss neighbours are lovely and polite, I have lots of friends (English and French-speaking) an feel at home here. In fact, the day we moved in, our Swiss German neighbours brought us flowers and a basket of fruit...that set us out on a great start here and as the years pass, it keeps going well.
We make an effort, though. We know this is critical. Not a passive effort. Not a 'i hope they read between the lines' effort. A true effort. I love Switzerland and would take this 100000x over the 10 years I spent frustrated in Paris!

I lived ten years in Swiss. The life was absolutely happy there. My family was also happy. Thusitha

Would be nice to meet . 31 chemin de tirbovet ,sion 1950 .chères

Hey thusitha, i want some help pls

Um looking for study in Swiss, I want know some information about that

what do you want to know about it.
Apply for a course one year in advanced.