Are you happy in Romania?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Romania? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Romania happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

Yes, i am happy ;-) And i think most of the Romanian people to. At least they have to because this country made a great progress in the last 5 years! I was here from 2001 almost every year at least ones, but the last 5 years i see big steps forward and i think this is a nicer country then my place of birth. (And the netherlands are amazing ;-)

Well........I've lived here about 4 1/2 years because I married my lovely Romanian wife. Now since I moved here I knew it was a low paying country but I gave the government a chance to change things here. But guess what?,nothing has changed. Low wages,employers treat you so bad like telling you that they can't pay you every month even though you worked ?? I've lived in alot of countries but have never been treated so badly in my life !To me Romania,or as I call it Gangsta Romania is going backwards,government stealing from it's citizens,nobody pays taxes,etc.......the list is too long for me to write. Romanians just let the government do whatever they want and never complain ~!!!! When I say thing like I'm writing right now they get all defensive and I don't get it? Why do they want to be poor all the time!? The only way to make money here is to do something illegal ! My wife has worked at her job for 9 years and has never gotten a raise!? I demanded a raise after 1 year at my job and I got it,after some yelling but I got it... So we are finally leaving to live and work in a country that respects you and what you do at your job. Now I won't say which country because any country west of here has more respect for people than Gangsta Romania ! Good luck to all of you who choose to be manipulated here.. PEACE......

Dear baba62,

greetings .

did you ever try to do any type of self employment?

Yes,teaching English and it still was the same.....so all I have to say is I will not be here for another 89" Bye bye in 9 days !

baba62 wrote:

Yes,teaching English and it still was the same.....so all I have to say is I will not be here for another 89" Bye bye in 9 days !

Didn't you claim to be leaving last year?  :P

romaniac wrote:
baba62 wrote:

Didn't you claim to be leaving last year?  :P

He's probably still stuck at Nadlac.  :D

Yes,but I had to convince and let her see how the Romanian government just doesn't care about it's citizens and she has figured it out and she isn't happy about it,so yeah November 17th on the plane outta here !!!! :lol:  I'll leave it for you guys to figure,something Romanians haven't figured out yet and they've had since the 90's so have fun standing in the bread lines again he he....