Are you happy in Ireland?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Ireland? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Ireland happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

its awesomeeeee to be hre,.,... each day a new experience,,,,  wondering y the strangers are sooo frndlyyy,..

Ridiculously so. Very happy to have made this move, suits us right down to the ground.

Ireland is a wonderful country, full of compassion, support, fantastic landscape.... wonderful.
And here comes the BUT:
I find it also a very lonely place if you want to connect to the locals. The smaller the town the more difficult it is to connect with the Irish. I mean friendships, which are friendships. My experience is that the Irish do NOT let foreigners in and I am not the only expat who can confirm that. All my friends, from all over the world tell me the same thing. They are not really interested in  foreigners.
That makes it difficult if you would like to live AMONG the Irish. Or if you have no family here, like me for example. Even I am lucky now living in Tralee which in general is a very nice and open and friendly town, I love it but still very very hard if you want more.
Also Ireland IS A RIP OFF. In so many ways. Things are very expensive here when you get over the border for half the price or even less. I would be fricked without ebay or online connection, which of course is again expensive.

Pros? The stunning beauty of this country and the laid back culture which I really enjoy after being from Germany. I lived in Greece before that was also another planet (loved it) but here it is kind of a more organised being laid back.
All in all a wonderful country and I KIND OF feel home here even I wont end up here...

Hi,

Moved in Cork city almost 3 months now. Maybe it is too early to have a feedback about my exeprience. But for the moment I am happy to be here :)

More peaceful and relax than Paris.

Phung