Are you happy in Australia?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Australia? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Australia happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

Hi Priscilla,

Switzerland is in the top 3? I can't believe it. I'm not sure about how happy Australians are, but I can definitely tell that in Switzerland people are much more stressed than here. It is true that there are beautiful landscapes and a high standard of living, but the social pressure is hard to put up with. After a while you end up as stressed as anyone else, without even noticing it.

Anyway, it's all a matter or personal needs and preferences.
My happiest time was in Montreal, where people was relaxed, patient and kind. But Sydney isn't bad either, I like the diversity and the lifestyle here. After getting used to the language and the culture (took me half a year... =)), I do feel happier here than in my home country.

Hi Priscilla,

The answer to such question is always subjective, depending on the experience and expectations a person has.

What I can see and from what I experienced so far, I can say people are happy in Australia, its a calm, No Worries kind of a place. People here are nice, respectful, and mostly have positive manner, You can sense the positive vibes most people send your way.

So to summarize, I believe people are happy in Australia, and I am happy in Australia as well :)

To use an Australianism, is the Pope a catholic?  Of course Oz is way better than my original country, which has barely woken up after shooting itself in the foot over Brexit.  Even if OZ didn't have many of the world's most liveable cities, the bush is the place to be.  I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.   Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me.

Questions and answers about Australia

Ask your question
Looking for some friends in Sydney
By AlexOZ
Unhappy with the move to AU
By wanderingwheels
Looking for friends in Adelaide
By TatiSaz
Aussie Dreamer
biz man
arriving Sydney
By biz man

Expatriate health insurance in Australia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Australia

Moving to Australia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Australia

Travel insurance in Australia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Australia

Flights to Australia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Australia