Close

Nursing Process in NL

Hi everyone I am Kaye, 27  years old currently a permanent resident in Vancouver Canada, I am originally from Philippines. I am a registered nurse in Philippines. I worked as an ER and ICU nurse in Saudi Arabia, and now currently in procedure of continuing my career here in Vancouver but I have to go on a certain procedure.

My boyfriend lives in NL but we are planning to settle down soon. I do not speak dutch, I speak arabic and English pretty well.

I would just like to know how is the process of becoming a nurse in NL?. Are there Internationally educated nurses in this forum that had/have completed the process?. If yes.. Can you help me or share your knowledge about it?. I know I have to take the language course and exam. Will be better if I continue my nursing assessment here in Canada before moving to NETHERLANDS?.

THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Nursing is a "Regulated Profession" in Holland; the NL Competent Authority that deals with this is called "Ministerie van Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport (Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport) - CIBG"; this link takes you to their website where you should be able to get more information.

Mrs C is a Dutch national and qualified as a nurse in Holland before we moved to the UK; despite having worked as a nurse for almost 20-years in the UK Health Service, she will not be able to work in Holland when we return, without further training back (so back to school), so I suspect there must be some sort of process for you to go through.

I would advise that you contact CIBG and see if they recognise your original qualification; if not, ask what you need to do to get qualified; might save you a whole lot of time and money.

You will almost certainly need to learn Dutch (spoken and written) to a high standard to get a job in nursing in Holland (would you employ a Dutch nurse in the Phillipines who can't speak the language, or write up patient notes in the local language?).

I wish you the best of luck. :)

HI Cynic,

Thank you for replying, and yes I am well aware of the language course and exam. Currently enrolled at UBC, for the Dutch language course. Yes I will check the site that you gave. Thank you so much at least I have an information about it, just want to know it (at least somehow know it) before I move in NL.

Thank you and Good day. :)

Expatriate health insurance in the Netherlands

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Netherlands

Moving to the Netherlands

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Netherlands

Travel insurance in the Netherlands

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Netherlands

Flights to the Netherlands

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Netherlands