Terminating a 3-6-9 contract

Hi All,

I need your help regarding my rent contract.
Short way, I would like to move from this place next year.

Next year will also be the 3rd year there, so the rule 3-6-9 should apply. I also see that in the 4th year I will not pay penalties. But the problem is that in the same sentence the penalties are mentioned and ALSO the fact that I should find another person.

And hence the dilemma: if I leave after the 3 years, will I have to find someone? As no penalties will apply...

Many thanks guys!!

You'd need to repeat the words of your contract here really for any decent advice but remember you can also contact the appropriate renters' association.

Here are the details from the contract:

DUREE
a. Le bail est consenti pour un terme de 9 annes prenant cours le 1er octobre 2014 et se terminant le 30 septembre 2023.
b. Le Preneur et le bailleur auront la faculte de renoncer a l'execution du present contrat a l'expiration de chaque periode de 3 ans moyennant preavis notifie par lettre recomandee au moins 3 mois d'avance.

Resiliation Anticipee

En cas de circonstances exceptionelles, le preneur pourra mettre fin anticipativement au present bail moyennant un preavis minimum de 3 mois, par lettre recomandee.

Il sera delie de toutes les obligation resultant de  ce bail, a dater de la prise en location du bien par un nouveau locataire recherche par le preneur et agree par le bailleur, et a la condition expresse qu'il ait paye:
1. tout les loyers, impots, charges et autres sommes eventuellement dues, jusqu'a la date de prise d'effet de la nouvelle location;
2. les frais eventuels de remise en etat de l'appartment, chiffres suivant etat  des lieux etabli par un expert designe de commun accord ou par le Juge de Paix et dont les honoraires sont pris en charge par le preneur;
3. le paiement d;une indemnite fixee forfaitairement au montant de:
- 3 mois de loyer si le bail prend fin au cours de la premiere annee
- 2 mois de loyer si le bail prend fin au cours de la deuxieme annee
- 1 mois de loyer si le bail prend fin au cours de la troisiemme annee.
Aucune indemnite n'est due si le bail prend fin a partir de la quatrieme annee.

So, my question is: as I plan to move begininning of 4th year, I understand that I will not have to pay anything, but will I be obliged to find someone else to replace me?

Thank you!!

It is mentioned that you have sent a completion letter from the rental lease three months in advance. And if breaking the lease is after the first day of the fourth year of hire, you will not have to pay any penalties.

Please note that the letter should be sent by registered mail with return receipt.