Moving to Canada from the UK. Where to Start.....?

Me and my wife have been talking about moving to Canada for some time now from the UK, but ill be honest we have no idea where to start or what to do or even who to speak too, can you offer any advice as where to start.

many thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that whilst waiting for others to reply you read through the posts on this section of the forum.

Hi BigRustyBear,

The Living in Canada guide might be a good start. ;)

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask.

Priscilla team

Speak to an immigration consultant. Make sure they are legit. PM me and I give you some contacts. But apart from that you want to lay out a couple of stuff:
- What you going to come here with? work permit / permanent residency status (equivalent to US green card) / student / entrepreneur class etc.
- Where do you want to settle down? Mainly where the job takes you.
- Lifestyle would also determine where you settle. Do you a fast pace kind of environment e.g. Toronto / Calgary / Vancouver... any of the big cities basically. Or you prefer a more slower paced one - Winnipeg / Halifax / Ottawa / Quebec City

And basically take it from there.

Awesome thank you for the abvice we really what this to work out for us.

I shall pm you for those details, do they charge for a consultation? I shall start compile my lists!

Hi there, I am not an immigration consultant, but I do know a few in the business personally and I'll be happy to refer them to you. You can use the messaging feature to PM.

I would be glad to help.  I have been here with my family for 6 years now, originally from London.
I am not a consultant by any means but am willing to share what I've learnt diving in without support and 6 years later still forging ahead.  You can PM me for a chat.

Just a curiosity question? Why would you want to move from the centre of the Empire to the outskirts of the Empire?

Questions and answers about Calgary

Ask your question
Making new friends in Canada
By ngocnguyen0329
seeker of truth
Engineer In Training
By seeker of truth
Kyle of Alberta
Stay far away from Calgary!
By Kyle of Alberta
Hopitality management course
By idinha

Expatriate health insurance in Calgary

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Calgary

Moving to Calgary

Find tips from professionals about moving to Calgary

Travel insurance in Calgary

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Calgary

Flights to Calgary

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Calgary