I want to have a good life!!

Hello all

I am an Egyptian medical student who has been living all his life in Riyadh. I am so far suffering from Depression and 2 other psychiatric conditions.

All I am asking for is making new friends, new life. I have never been into compounds for example. I have never done something exciting in here. Please if you can give me the chance and help me by any means, let me know. :)

thanks in advance

Hi,

actually it's very difficult to make something exciting in Saudi Arabia especially in Riyadh due to lack of options, but no harm of trying

try to join a gym, hang with friends in the Malls or Cafe shop

good luck My friend,

I will repost my reply with a slight edit that i  typed up to a previous person that complains of boredom aka a very boring person themselves 

have u even explored the city? gone 5 blocks north 5 blocks south east or west? there are so many parks to visit, malls, museums - go the gym, buy a bike, check out random street art, visit the burj al  mamlaka, go bowl, get in the taxi and tell em to take you to a souq, go to Diplomatic quarters, go get a book to read, swim, follow riyadh news on social media and findd out where the events are happening. go to different exhibits - book fair, photography  ...  the list is ongoing, bottom line is you probably have little interests /hobbies to begin with.and EXTREMELY limited in thinking ..

lack of options usually cracks me up because there is about 10 events happening monthly in riyadh miskeen just doesn't know - http://www.eyeofriyadh.com/events/

eng_5aledba wrote:

Hi,

actually it's very difficult to make something exciting in Saudi Arabia especially in Riyadh due to lack of options, but no harm of trying

good luck My friend,

Do you think that mentioning you have three psychiatric conditions on the first or second post will help you find friends who would trust you enough into accessing where they live?

I am just shocked!

I apologize if my comment seemed rude...

By the way, we all have issues one way or another, but trusting people this fast is dangerous, and I am talking about you entrusting others just like that.

Regards,

When you say "depression", do you really mean it?

Let e explain. If you are feeling down sometimes, it's not depression.
If you want to do something exciting like visiting a compound to do something interesting, that's not depression.

If you do have the psychiatrist condition, visit a psychologist bro, don't look out for friends. It really won't help.

rareshine wrote:

I will repost my reply with a slight edit that i  typed up to a previous person that complains of boredom aka a very boring person themselves 

have u even explored the city? gone 5 blocks north 5 blocks south east or west? there are so many parks to visit, malls, museums - go the gym, buy a bike, check out random street art, visit the burj al  mamlaka, go bowl, get in the taxi and tell em to take you to a souq, go to Diplomatic quarters, go get a book to read, swim, follow riyadh news on social media and findd out where the events are happening. go to different exhibits - book fair, photography  ...  the list is ongoing, bottom line is you probably have little interests /hobbies to begin with.and EXTREMELY limited in thinking ..

lack of options usually cracks me up because there is about 10 events happening monthly in riyadh miskeen just doesn't know - http://www.eyeofriyadh.com/events/

eng_5aledba wrote:

Hi,

good luck My friend,

For single it's very difficult... Singles can't go in parks... they have very limited timings for museums, zoo etc. And it is very difficult to know the exact timings of these places... if you don't speak the Arabic language... And the visiting  timings for these places are wrong on the websites.

all i can conclude from these posts is that you people are a bunch of whiners.

seemo95 wrote:

Hello all

I am an Egyptian medical student who has been living all his life in Riyadh. I am so far suffering from Depression and 2 other psychiatric conditions.

All I am asking for is making new friends, new life. I have never been into compounds for example. I have never done something exciting in here. Please if you can give me the chance and help me by any means, let me know. :)

thanks in advance

Trust me, nothing happens in these so called compounds...

:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

rareshine wrote:

all i can conclude from these posts is that you people are a bunch of whiners.