Close

I am an Irish woman married to an Egyptian. Can he marry again there?

I am so sorry 😐 to hear about this. Most Of the men, but not all, will use you for your marriage to gain citizenship to the USA.  I have seen this to many times in court, the man bails out when he his land on the USA solil. And the wife is never able to find him. I really hope everything works ouy for you and Good 😊 Luck

Most Of the men, but not all

Thank you I appreciAte it he made too USA on his own he proclaim he divorce his wife in2012 he came on visa but he did push get his papers.done and wanted to hurry and get married we not really had a marriage but I appreciate your words of thought and wisdom thank you

Yes he can, and you can hire a lawyer to go and check at the government office about how many wives does he have!

Yes, he can, while you should be notified via your embassy, it's one of the Sharia stipulations in Egypt (Islamic laws), whereas, if your marriage isn't registered in Egypt he wouldn't be obliged to report his second marriage. As your marriage isn't exists in government perspective.

Best of luck!

Expatriate health insurance in Alexandria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Alexandria

Moving to Alexandria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Alexandria

Travel insurance in Alexandria

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Alexandria

Flights to Alexandria

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Alexandria