Bargaining the price

So, how negotiable are rental prices in Malta?

My initial estimate is around 600 euros, but would I be able to take it down a notch?

I am interested in areas around Valletta.

Hi Yandr,

Please feel free to contact a real estate agency and to ask them your questions.
I invite you to have a look at the business directory : Real estate in Malta :)

Thank you,

Priscilla

I just want to know if the rents I see online are negotiable. I don't think an agency will help with that.

Most of the rents you'll see online are outdated. Definitely negotiable but only if overpriced. Most good rentals in those areas get rented out very quickly.

Hi there.

1. Prices are usually negotiable, but less than 550 is unrealistic.

2. Almost all the apartments online (on the real estate sites) are NOT available, and prices are higher

Business is business, and that means supply and demand is a prime factor. but negotiation skills are often a major factor in getting the deal you want.
As Bacon said, "ipsa scientia potestas est", and so is a poker face when bluffing.

In other words, research your topic, then lie until you find someone who'll believe you.
If you're any good, you'll get a good deal.

Ask yourself, what would Quark do?

http://startrek.jaafar.net/quarkie.jpg

Prices are definitely negotiable, especially at this time of the year, when demand is low. There are a lot of places out there, so don't let yourself be pressured. For a 12 month contract I would always ask for a discount of at least 100 Euro (in your price range). All they can do is say no or maybe you meet in the middle at 50 less.

Well, that is good to know as the prices are higher than I expected so an initial rent of 650 could maybe go down to 600. At the very least it is worth a try.

Thank you for the information